VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

GAF

Rate this question

air1

Question

Check my medical records under myhealythvet and under VA notes ,My psychologist who is see regularly had noted in my records GAF done,but no score in my records showed. This i notice over a year same thing in records. I ask him yesterday on my last visit and he said it was recorded but for privacy it does not show in my records.Does this sound right,because when i got my private records it shows GAF that was recorded doing those visits.

air1, send the MH Clinician a Secure Message on your MHV site, addressing your unwarranted concern over the GAF being mentioned and not RECORDED in his/her's Clinician Notes.

After you do that, sit down and read the DSM V, regarding the use of GAF Scores, for anything. Then review the 38 CFR 4 rating Schedual for any MH Condition listed. Do you see anything regarding the use of a GAF Score as determining a level of disability?

Your worrying, way too much about something that has no affect on MH SC Ratings. Pull up a VA DBQ that addresses what your current MH DX is. Is there any mention of your GAF Rating? If so, the GAF assigned by the C & P Psychiatrist/Psychologist PhD at the time of the C & P exam, would be the only GAF Score that mattered.

Do you believe your current (none PTSD) MH DX is Service Connected, you have SMRs?

Have you filed an MH FDC regarding your MH DX'd condition?

Semper Fi

There you go, on to Bigger and more relevant issues.

Relax and try to have a Happy New Year.

Semper Fi