VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA SAYS OCT 2013 CASES ONLY.. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

Citation Nr: 1623704	
Decision Date: 06/14/16    Archive Date: 06/29/16

DOCKET NO.  14-17 761	)

IN THE SEARCH DECISIONS AFTER PAGES 5 YOU CAN START TO SEE THAT 2014 DOCKET #S ARE BEING ADJUDICATED AND NOT ,, NOT,, ADVANCED ON DOCKET. BUT THERE WEBSITE SAYS OCTOBER 2013 AND THE PERSON ANSWERING SAYS OCOTBER 2013... 

THIS ISNT THE ONLY ONE.. THERE ARE A LOT THAT DO NOT SAY ADJUDICATED FOR ADVANCEMENT ...?

Edited by paulcolrain

On 12/29/2016 at 8:47 PM, broncovet said:

There can be other reasons.  One example:

You have a 2013 docket date, and the case is remanded.  Your remand is denied, again.  You appeal the remand and, at least some of the time, you get to "keep" your old docket date and dont have to start over.  

That is what happened to me.  I had a 2009 remand.  It took the VARO 3 years to implement the remand, in 2012.  It was denied.  I appealed.  IN 2015 it was denied again.  I appealed to the CAVC which remanded it again.  I think I still have the 2009 docket date.  With a 2009 docket date, my case should get worked before 2013 dockets WITHOUT an advance on the docket.  

This is because a remand "requires expiditious treatment".  For VA "expiditious" means 8 years.  

Bronco, i understand remands but again when you read the citation you see the entire case. anotherwords,,, if this was a remand than the remand happend after 2014. if the backlog now on the website states january of 2013???? again how did this happen and many like it.

"

BVA SAYS OCT 2013 CASES ONLY.. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN"
I think the VA is juggling the books on claims, remands, everything........
because the Bonus moratorium for VARO Directors has been lifted.

The vet orgs dont care. The longer VA takes to render proper decisions, the longer they have job security

But I also think the Main Reason this crap happens is because veterans have allowed it to happen.

Dont forget-the new VA Secretary was hired to REFORM the VA , not to maintain the status quo, but only veterans themselves know how SNAFUED the VA is .

How many here are willing to write to the new VA Secretary or briefly tell the President their story on his .gov web site which I have already posted here?

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe President Trump will light a fire under their...and things will began to change.

Edited by Buck52

This link has contact info:

http://community.hadit.com/topic/68979-dro-not-the-outcome-i-wanted/?page=5#comment-425122

Just think if only 1 % of all US veterans ( about 26 million) spent less than a buck on 2 snail mail letters, one to the President and one to the VA Secretary and mailed them all at the same time,it would be very difficult for the VA to disregard the problems you men and women have, with this overload of mail---that would show veterans expect true Reform at the VA.

The letters could be about any problems you have had with VA health care as well as your claims.

I sent letters about ways they could reduce the backlog.

But that was before I learned the backlog is even worse than I thought.

I always have addressed the VA Sec as Honorable VA Secretary (name)  in letters,(have written to about 5 or more of them) but I just put Dear President Trump in my letter to him..

Everyone has been sending l mail I have emailed both Ted Ebert, McDonald, iris, and office of case management. I don't always get a response right away but the last time Mr. Mcdonald he emailed me saying he has spoken to my Regional office and magic happened things were going quickly like a fire was lite. All there emails are on the website if you search their names I recently emailed the new secretary as well. Just wanted to see if he responds like the others did.

Edited by jfrei