VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is my c -file (claims file) online ?

Rate this question

handicappednotdisabled

Question

15 hours ago, kanewnut said:

I am 99% sure it is the same form, but I am not betting my life on it.

@kanewnut

funny... that is why i am asking. I know my luck the 3288 will be the wrong one and I will be sent into some type of hold-hell that no one knows how to help me out of.

4 hours ago, L said:

also look up the reference for FOIA - and how they must supply it in a timely manner - I attached it to my form and got my C-file quickly.... 

@L

will you expand on this please?

Which form numbers did you use?

What fax numbers did you use if you faxed them?

What address did you mail them to if you mailed them?

What does "quickly" mean in real time? days, weeks, months?

how did it arrive? CD? Download? on Ebenefits?

was it your complete C-File or just specific records?

Thanks for you response in advance

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

kanewnut

Not that I know of.

I've always had to request my C-File from my R.O. now I think you request it from the Dept of Veterans Affairs Claims  Intake Center in Janesville Wi  or send in a Sighed  FOIA form to the NRPC in St Louis ,Mo, for your completed up dated C-File  which is now in the VBMS and on a CD.

@buck52

Is there anyway as a moderator, you would/could produce a new sticky with the exact forms, processes, numbers, etc that this process entails? not complaining but there is a lot of information here and on other websites that is old and somewhat contradictory.

It would be nice to have a sticky that says "as of today, do this do that use this, use that" as the best suggestion to get the C File.

Thanks

@GeekySquid - I google how to request a c-file, but this forum under the search box ( look up in the top right corner)  has info... https://www.hadit.com/requesting-your-va-c-file/

VA.gov           for forms. 

Quickly meaning, 3 months and it was all in paper form - I must have pissed someone off or that was the fastest way to get my file... LOL 

I received my complete file, it was not extensive even though I did 22 yrs in the Navy... 

I fax and believe everything goes to WI scanning center - double check this based on our location.

This forum is a great resource using the search tool. Also - this process is very simple - 1. find  form 2 mail or fax... 3. wait... 

Edited by L
clarity

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Tbird as that link that you put up here on Hadit  How to request your C-FILE USING THE FORM 3288  there's no other way to request it but you might want to use different Agency's

You can actually request your C-FILE from different Agency.

You can request it online  to DEPT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER PO BOX 5235. JANESVILLE, WI 53547-5235.  OR send in snail mail with return receipt.

or from the NRPC in St Louis Mo.....> return receipt

or request from your R.O.  request return receipt.... All at the same time and see who sends it to you the fastest.

Request a Return Receipt with anything you send the VA  and keep for your records.

All these agency have email addys.and physical address

I sent off for my both ways to three different Agency's   takes about 10/12 months anything sooner is   rare but can be that can happen.