VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is my c -file (claims file) online ?

Rate this question

handicappednotdisabled

Question

I asked to view my c-file at what was then a DRO hearing of sorts back in 1991. I read it during the hearing. I requested a copy in 2009 after I filed for P&T and received it in 3 weeks. After the CAVC  win in 2013, I asked for a new one. By then, it had mushroomed out to 10,078 pages and those five boxes. It took a while to get it. I think over 14 months. I've filed several more CAVC ex Writs since then so it's probably over 12,000 pages by now. Hell, the VR&E (left flap) is over 2,000 pages alone because of the greenhouse appeal. 

I'm just finishing up my paperwork to do the online access. They run a Criminal background check on you (again). They do one when you file to become an agent so it's rather redundant. Ben Krause of DisabledVets.org just went to the Fed. Circus for oral arguments on them forcing us to get alex.graham@va.gov  style email addresses so they can monitor what we do. It's a whole new world of computer stuff now. Take your protein pill and put your helmet on, cowboy.

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish you the best with all that Alex and you help a lot of needed veterans.  if you get a  alexgraham@va.gov..then you have all access to VBMS?  

as for as YOUR C-file  you probably need 2 or 3 CD. ROM Disk eh!

I think my was only about 4000 pages.

I hope you get to help some lost and forgotten Vietnam Vets Like You and Me and Gastone ,broncovet...& some of the others here on hadit.  our generation is the last of the Vietnam vets... However there are still some in there early to mid 70's & still riding their Harley's & kicking Assperolos. :smile:

It may just be me that thinks this ?I think rather or not a veteran has a claim pending or filing for the first time Its good that  All Veterans should request their C-File every 3 Years...just to keep it up-dated    because there's no telling what we may find in it.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

On 1/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, asknod said:

I guess folks here need an update for 2017 on c-files. ...Due to viruses and other internet glitches, I doubt Vets will ever get access to c-files on eBennies. Writing directly to the Records depository in St. Louis is now the preferred method using a VAF 21-3288.

@broncovet

Per the above quote from your post on 1/2/2107 are there any 2018 updates to the best/fastest process to get my c-file?

As I understand things, I should FAX the VAF-21-3288 to some number in St. Louis?

I will go look at your website, but google searches right now only turn up VA Form 3288 not 21-3288 and I want to make sure I have the right form and the right number to fax to.

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

kanewnut

Not that I know of.

I've always had to request my C-File from my R.O. now I think you request it from the Dept of Veterans Affairs Claims  Intake Center in Janesville Wi  or send in a Sighed  FOIA form to the NRPC in St Louis ,Mo, for your completed up dated C-File  which is now in the VBMS and on a CD.

also look up the reference for FOIA - and how they must supply it in a timely manner - I attached it to my form and got my C-file quickly....