VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So if I'm granted IU I can't earn anything other then poverty understood fully. But what happens if I were to be scheduler 100 after I was awarded IU is it an option to try again with working that is? Obviously not my current position since I can no longer do that but maybe some easy job requiring little to no work but still over poverty level?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I was 90%SC IU T & P No future Exams Scheduled since 06/14, effective date 09/12.

Just recently, 12/15 Award bumped to 100% SA Scheduler. As of 01/03/2016 VA E-Ben Comp Page indicated  my New 100% P & T No Future Exams plus the SMC S (1), no mention of my prior 90% IU rating.

This past 05/16, I didn't receive the yearly (Reinstated 12 or 13) VA Income Verification Form, required by all IU VETs to be completed and returned within 60 days of your IU Anniversary Date.

100% SC Scheduler, no earned income limits or yearly 21-2140 Income Verification. All IU Recipients are subject to the VA SGI Cut-off regarding Earned Income ($12,400 under 65, $11,400 over 65). The 21-2140 Income statement is required yearly, by every IU Vet until age 70. Failure to comply with the 21-2140 yearly filing requirements, can lead to a possible loss of the IU rating, and a return to your former Combined SC Rating comp level.

Loss of $14+K IU Comp per yr would definitely hurt your feelings. Even if you don't receive the 21-2140 in the mail, an IU Vet is still required to file it yrly. Why would any IU Vet take the chance of a reduction, the 21-2140 takes about 10min or less to complete.

Semper Fi

I didn't know if they wanted to verify how much I made before if I'm  granted IU. Which means nothing since I can't do that type of work now and even their doctor said my cognitive impairment I shouldn't be risking lives of other people. I was just curious say I took a year of IU and then I was granted my other claims within the year putting me at 100% PT would I be able to try and work again? I'm only 30 and am struggling with the thought of never again but then again I know I shouldn't be doing what

I am doing with work wise. But thinking my residuals will get better was over 4 years after my coma and now 10 years later it is what it is. I just hope I don't have to waste or stress anymore time in my life with this claim it's blanked out my last 6 years of clouding my head. It's nothing I can do to explain to my wife she knows it drives me crazy. If anyone else has ever survived a coma would know exactly how and why I cant let things go until it's finished or I'll forget.

Been  41/2 yrs since I completed the IU Claim, think they wanted Earned Income Info, Current for past 12 mos and back a number of years, as well as current and past employers.

Is your current employer making accommodations for your SC problem? That income could be viewed as Sheltered Income.

Do you have an IU Claim Pending?

Semper Fi

When I applied for accomadation they put me on medical unpaid leave of absence until I resigned which is why I applied for IU also it's pending decison approval so wish me luck I've spent about five months off in a 2 years period because of my disability 

Edited by jfrei