VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good to ask for TDIU and file a Fully Developed Claim together?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

From all I've read both here and on the Law Blog, it's a good idea to file a Fully Developed Claim as well as TDIU together.

Anyone filed these two together? Any comments, experiences....concerning the matter?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

For me I was advised and followed the advice to Submit a claim for an increase on my PTSD, from 70% to 100% and at the same time File for IU. This was done just as my rep suggested.

I had been awarded a 70% PTSD rating on March 11, 2014. We filed for an increase/IU around the 3rd week of that same month. The 24th I believe. In my case since I just went through a C&P on Feb 18, 2014 for the PTSD, they did not require another C&P. My rep figured they would deny the PTSD increase but I had a good chance for the IU.

In April of 2014 they denied the increase, but awarded the IU and also made it P&T...so TDIU

So in my opinion yes it is a good idea to file them together.

A piece of advice though....the reason mine was decided so quick was because we sent all of the past employer forms with the claim. I don't remember the number of the form, but for IU they want the form from at least your last employer. Its just a one page form and if you are still on talking terms with your last employer you can take it in to the owner or personnel office and they should be able to fill it out on the spot. Find the form online or through your rep and if you can send that with your claim. That will generally help speed things up. Plus of course you can not be currently working. By sending the form with my claim, it was awarded in under 30 days. I obviously can't promise they will do that in your case, but always give them everything they need to make a decision. If they have to send the form out it will take a lot longer.

Just food for thought on what worked for me. This a great forum and there are some great Vets on this site that give great advice with their wealth of knoledge.

All the best to you!! 

Happy New Year!!

Thank you for your service!!

Greg

Greg, thanks for the advice.

It's my understanding that if you haven't been employed(earned income) for so many years, you won't need your last employer's input.

I haven't been employed since 1998.

Edited by allansc2005
error

You could be absolutely right. Having been unemployed for that long...to my way of thinking you shouldn't need it, but I'm not absolutely sure on that. I would check with your rep on that just to be sure...but I would guess you will not need it.

As I am sure you will do....make that point clear when you file your claims!! Since you have not been employed since 1998, I would also include an earnings printout for all of the years you have or have not worked. You can get this from the Social Security website. This statement will show your yearly earnings for your entire working life and this statement will reflect no earnings from 1998 to the present. That will be hard to overlook on their part.

Since you haven't been employed since 1998...do you receive Social Security Disability? If you do be absolutely sure you include that information in your claim.

Anyway...I hope this helps!!

I wish you all the best!!

Greg

Greg,

Actually I will be using both my Social Security Disability award, as well as my Vocational Rehabilitation "rejection" letters to help with my TDIU case.

I already meet the mandatory VA percentage requirement-80% combined, so that's not an issue.

Thanks.