VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability claims appeals after one year

Rate this question

dino220

Question

I submitted a claim and was frustrated with the results. it was denied. I did not go back and submit an appeal.

I know now that I should have. my question: Is there anything I can do? It has been more than

a year.

Thanks;

Dino220

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

DINO, your NOD boat has sailed, but all is not lost. I know it's not Thanksgiving, but we need to Talk Turkey, now. Do you have a MHV or E-Ben Account? Filing the NEW Claim as an FDC (Fastest Decision) or Regular claim (Decision could take 12 - 18 mos) is your only option now.

In order to get a grip on your situation, you need to post a "REDACTED" copy of your Denial Letter. When discussing New, Old or Denied Claims, more info is always better than less.

On your list of "To Do's," filing a VA "FOIA" request for your C-File (I'd recommend by Fax) is the easiest. You need to see everything the VA Rater was looking at, when the Denial Decision was made.

Do you currently have a DX'd MH or Physical condition that you believe is Service connected? If this is the same condition that was Denied, why do you think the Denial was in error?

Semper Fi

Or re=open the older denial with New and Material evidence.