VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone else motice this to be true regarding wait times?

Rate this question

2NDMARDIVDOC

Question

I have a theory that may or may not be true. Just looking for some opinions or experiences. Over the years I have filed a lot of claims for SC. Some were granted and some weren't. Some came with a decent amount of retro payment. I have noticed, at least in my cases, that claims that are going to be approved usually sit in the "prep for decision / pending approval" stage for longer wait times than flat out denials. Usually a denial goes through the last few stages all within a week as where the approvals take at least a month or longer for the last few stages. Anyone else have an experience or opinion on that?

Edited by 2NDMARDIVDOC

QTC C & P Exam Notes and Related DBQ will only be in your C-File, not your VMC MHV Medical File. The completed DBQ is forwarded directly to the VARO Rating Dept that requested it.

A couple mos ago, I read a statement from a QTC Honcho, regarding the DBQ completion procedure, after a VA requested C & P Exam.  Very different from a VMC C & P DBQ completion.

At a QTC Exam, the VA Requested DBQ appears to be completed after a QTC Quality Control Board has reviewed the Exam notes, ensuring all VA Requested issues are covered thoroughly. Has to be signed off by the Review Board, before being sent to the requesting VARO.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Just based on my QTC experience getting your C&P Exam, I ask the QTC Examiner when can I get her report ? she said it will take a week for QTC to get the exam results back to the VA then they will make a decision & after a decision is made  your Rep or who ever is Representing you will send out a letter to let you know of the unofficial decision , it is at this time you can check with the VBA for a copy of the exam.

My Rep was the DAV.

I did just that.

Eve though a decision was made, if a denial I have the exam to see why!  but this is not much help at this stage, when you get your denial  they explain why in the Reasons & Basis of What We Decided''

So Actually if you get a QTC  C&P Exam  your going to have to wait to get your copy of the Exam.

Thanks Buck52 that saves me a trip to my local VAMC to request one.  Why do they make it so hard to see what the doctors wrote?  Uhhh!

Edited by saxman