VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE ON NOD FOR TDIU

Rate this question

flores97

Question

I apologize for starting a new topic on this,  I'm fairly certain I started a topic on the NOD for tdiu that I have pending but couldn't remember which forum I posted it in or the title.  I have a NOD that's at 450 days currently (average for completion at my RO is 291), long story short is I did request a DRO HEARING,  and I submitted new and material evidence in the form of a Voc Rehab letter finding me to be permanently unemployable. I received a call today from my VARO,  from a supervisor letting me know a decision had been reached and I would receive it in the mail within a couple of weeks. I asked him if I needed to come in for a hearing and he stated,  oh,  no.  My question is,  since I did request the hearing and I did submit new and material evidence,  is it reasonable to expect a grant on the tdiu,  since they did not schedule me for a hearing. I know nothing is ever certain, I did have overwhelming evidence but I was not sure if they must schedule you for a DRO hearing if they are going to deny,  (as long as you have submitted new and material evidence), or if them making the decision without scheduling the hearing is possible good news.  I thank everyone in advance for any insight 

Thank you,  L,  I was surprised it happened so quickly after I submitted the letter from Voc Rehab that found me to be permanently unemployable. I filed the nod back in Nov 2015, and submitted the letter sometime in early December. But I did have tons of treatment records from the VA hospitals in my area,  I go to three different locations for treatment. 

flores97 - great  news, Much to my surprize I was IN, VocRehab when i was awarded IU -

Yes - I have more than one area I go to also & it makes it more difficult since the data is not always available even through the VA system - I worked at Waco VA for a stint - they are using 1980 programs.  

Thank you,  L,  they awarded me 100% schedular for the lupus, and inferred housebound since my other disabilities add up to 60%, which is a tremendous help,  especially with the p&t. My older children really needed the college assistance, and I'm so grateful they now qualify for chapter 35 benefits. My daughter has already submitted her application for her benefits.