VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helped by HadIt.com? Add your testimonial - Read others

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

@broncovet

Hi,

If you have any advice on the subject...

I didn't fill out anything for my dependent at the time I filed my claim 7 months ago.  I have a 23 y/o daughter who is attending college and living at home with me.  Now that I am SC do you know if they would back pay for the dependent amount if I file the form now?  Since she will be 24 in Jan. I wasn't sure if it's worth the hassle of filling out the form if it would just be for a few months if there is no back pay.  From my understanding the benefit is only until age 23 year. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Hadit helped me with my claims, and I will be forever grateful.

although some of the people that help me are no longer with us or on hadit anymore, but the people that are still on hadit can help you with your claims.

My advised to veterans out there  getting ready to file claims for the first time  if you use a VSO check the back ground ask him/her questions, ask if they ever had any claims such as yours ,keep in close contact with your VSO, If in doubt about what your VSO is doing with your claim (revoke his POA asap) come back here to hadit.

most of our claims are basically all the same, its how you present your claim the first time  with the correct medical  evidence  & service records alike and statement in support of claim.

Ask here on hadit about any thing VA Related that you don't understand, there are folks on here that should be VA Case Attorneys  Yes they are that good with VA Law.

Just to mention a few members  

Ms T BIRD the founder and owner of Hadit.

Ms Berta Simmons ,(probably the best we have here at hadit.

Hadit podcast radio show  with jbasser and jerrel cook usually the shows are on Thursday's at 6:00pm eastern time (with some very knowledgeable guest)You can call into the show and ask VA Related Questions...this is a great way to get any information you need help with.

Asknod (Alex), a long time member and VA Certified Claims Agent (very intelligent with VA Law & the CFR's

Broncovet, As he puts a story behind his way of helping out & his explanations to make it eazer to understand & the three main things a veteran should have before filing his/her claim's

Gastone , Is very good helping Vets and has a way to let veterans understand about the time needed and how the VA can take  a lot of extra time in adjudicated claims.

Vync, is great source helping out.

Please listen to these wonderful folks.

They are so many others to help on here and remember these good folks are are great helping out and devote their time and effort to help all us Veterans

you won't find  a better group of people to help you and its all free of charge. right here on Hadit .com

Thank you all for your Service and get those benefits you all so well deserve.

God Bless you all

Edited by Buck52

Buck, your name should be on that list!

You do so much to help others here........but also so many here offer a word of encouragement ,even if they do not feel comfortable to answer questions here....

And many members  become experts on their own disabilities and can encourage many others as well as tell them how they finally succeeded.

I think we are  all the Best and the info at hadit covers so much.

Where would many hundreds and probably many thousands of vets be by now ,if Tbird had not started hadit??????

I read what topics the unregistered guests read, from time to time and that goes to show how valuable the info here is even to non members.( and some join hadit when they get their award letter, and got the help they needed simply by reading the topics and threads here.

God Bless you too Buck and Thank You for your service!

This is by far THE BEST website for Veterans.  The folks are top-notch and sincere, empathetic, and truly knowledegable in their desire to help others.  I do not know what I would have done if I had not found this website.

Respectfully,

Holli G.