VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

W.T.H. DOES THIS MEAN????

Rate this question

2NDMARDIVDOC

Question

Can you tell me what this means, I’ve never seen it. I have an update on ebenefits that’s in addition to my current claim for bladder and shoulder, that says (eligibility determination) estimated completion of 02/03/2020 – 05/25/23

Any idea what that means? I’ve been 70% ever since registering at the VA back in 02. I’ve never had an eligibility issue. The pending claims I have awaiting a decision could possibly put me at 100% Could that be the reason for the audit? Below is a copy and paste of what my ebenefits says.

Status of Your Claim

Under Review

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2NDMARDIVDOC, I'm not absolutely certain,  but looks like possibly a reminder for future c&p exams/review to determine if you're still at your percentage.  Are you retired as well?

I know what it means its a win usually it means they are figuring out how much of your retro is owed to your attorney. That had been the case for me twice and once was that my attorney filed it himself when he thought I owed him money. Well he was wrong lol call the office of case management ask them who had filed this and why. They can tell you 100% can in the morning between 9-10 usually they pick up instead of waiting 15 minutes. I've posted the number before but here (202) 530-9470.

Edited by jfrei
Nunber

Well it means your claim is being audited, just like it says.  Tatoo this on your arm:

You have to wait for the envelope, it does not do that much good to speculate on what ebenefits says.  

EXCEPTION:

Look on ebenefits for your "letter".  If it shows 100 percent that is usually accurate since the VA does not want people walking around with official 100 percent letters when they are not.  

As always, the hard copy letter in the mail over rules anything you see on eBenefits.

However, as bronco states, the "letters" section will sometimes show in advance of the mail.  I have had the letters beat mail by about a day, and I have had them both arrive on the same day.

You can also look at your "disabilities" on the left of the claims screen.  I did get some info (one claim denied, one referred) looking at that a couple days before the mail.  So that might help.

I do like how they give your estimated, long term, date of completion is out 6 years from now.  Would be neat to see how that algorithm works, as in if everything fails at every level every time, etc.  As a "Army" engineer and have had used the Gant chart system, this would be interesting to say the least.

Good luck.

Hamslice