VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MY CLAIM HAS BEEN SENT BACK TO GATHERING EVEDINCE FOR THE 4TH TIME

Rate this question

Coach Edgar

Question

HELLO WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN THROUGH MY SITUATION OF CLAIM GOING BACK AND FORTH TO GATHERING EVEIDENCE... MY CLAIM HAS BEEN SENT BACK 4 TIMES, IT WAS IN THE PREPARATION FOR DECESION THEN THIS EVENING IT WENT BACK TO GATHERING EVEIDENCE, WHEN THIS MORING I WAS TOLD IT WAS IN THE PREPRATION FOR DECISION. I SPOKE TO MY REPRESENTIAVE THE DAV ON MONDAY THEY TOLD ME THAT VA HAS A SUSPENED LETTER FOR MY CLAIM TO BE DONE BY FEBUAY 14TH 2017, 

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE LET ME KNO WHAT TO DO... 

5 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, Coach Edgar said:

HELLO WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN THROUGH MY SITUATION OF CLAIM GOING BACK AND FORTH TO GATHERING EVEIDENCE... MY CLAIM HAS BEEN SENT BACK 4 TIMES, IT WAS IN THE PREPARATION FOR DECESION THEN THIS EVENING IT WENT BACK TO GATHERING EVEIDENCE, WHEN THIS MORING I WAS TOLD IT WAS IN THE PREPRATION FOR DECISION. I SPOKE TO MY REPRESENTIAVE THE DAV ON MONDAY THEY TOLD ME THAT VA HAS A SUSPENED LETTER FOR MY CLAIM TO BE DONE BY FEBUAY 14TH 2017, 

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE LET ME KNO WHAT TO DO... 

My recommendation is to wait. But that's just based on the information I have. Its in the final stages. If you start sending stuff in before it is adjudicated (additional evidence, duplicate evidence etc..) it could delay your claim. Sometimes the system auto generates a claim status, when in fact, the claim is much further along. The system sometimes has hiccups. I've been assigned claims to work before that say RFD (ready for decision), I quickly glance over it to see what i'm dealing with and notice that the entire claim is rated, the award has been processed and the veteran has been notified and probably received their first payment. I'm honestly not sure why it would keep going back and forth. That is part of the process before it gets to my desk and I'm not confident enough to give an opinion other than the known occasional hiccups. "Preparation for decision"...I"m going to assume this means "Ready for decision" I'm not sure if Ebenefits and the system at the RO use the same terminology, but when a claim is RFD, that means its in a queue waiting in line for a rater to work it. I'm not sure what the suspended letter is, but we do have a term we use, "suspense" which basically tells us when the claim should be moved on to the next step. If nothing happens in the system that automatically closes that suspense, then there will be an "alert" for us to check up on it. 

For example: Claim is sent ready for decision with a suspense date of 2/14/17. 2/15/17 arrives and it hasn't been rated. The system sends an alert (hey, this claim was supposed to be moved on in the process by this date, what gives?) We see that somehow it slipped through the cracks and it is put on a priority list. However, if someone does work it before that suspense date, it automatically closes that date and creates another for the next step in the process (the majority of the time). 

When was your claim filed? Is it an original claim?

Edited by NoTheEnemy

No The Enemy thank you for your response, my claim was filed for increase and also for TDIU on July 29, 2016... yes that was the word suspense that my VSO told me that they had in the system for DAV. do you work for the VA?

29 minutes ago, NoTheEnemy said:

My recommendation is to wait. But that's just based on the information I have. Its in the final stages. If you start sending stuff in before it is adjudicated (additional evidence, duplicate evidence etc..) it could delay your claim. Sometimes the system auto generates a claim status, when in fact, the claim is much further along. The system sometimes has hiccups. I've been assigned claims to work before that say RFD (ready for decision), I quickly glance over it to see what i'm dealing with and notice that the entire claim is rated, the award has been processed and the veteran has been notified and probably received their first payment. I'm honestly not sure why it would keep going back and forth. That is part of the process before it gets to my desk and I'm not confident enough to give an opinion other than the known occasional hiccups. "Preparation for decision"...I"m going to assume this means "Ready for decision" I'm not sure if Ebenefits and the system at the RO use the same terminology, but when a claim is RFD, that means its in a queue waiting in line for a rater to work it. I'm not sure what the suspended letter is, but we do have a term we use, "suspense" which basically tells us when the claim should be moved on to the next step. If nothing happens in the system that automatically closes that suspense, then there will be an "alert" for us to check up on it. 

For example: Claim is sent ready for decision with a suspense date of 2/14/17. 2/15/17 arrives and it hasn't been rated. The system sends an alert (hey, this claim was supposed to be moved on in the process by this date, what gives?) We see that somehow it slipped through the cracks and it is put on a priority list. However, if someone does work it before that suspense date, it automatically closes that date and creates another for the next step in the process (the majority of the time). 

When was your claim filed? Is it an original claim?

No The Enemy thank you for your response, my claim was filed for increase and also for TDIU on July 29, 2016... yes that was the word suspense that my VSO told me that they had in the system for DAV. do you work for the VA?

No the Enemy, you seem very knowledgeable.  Thank you for your response.  I am going through a similar situation.  I have a three Fully Developed Claims with three DBQs submitted.  It moved really fast to Preparation for Decision (even skipped a couple of steps).  Now, it has been sitting at Preparations for Decision for about a couple of months.  My date for completion is 1/31/2017.  Any chance of that coming to fruition? 

Coach Edgar, I am truly sorry and do not intend to "thread jack", but I am just a little frustrated (for lack of better terms) with my claim thus far.  I would have thought it would have been quicker, but if it takes this long and I am granted an increase, I would be happy!  :-)

Edited by pilgrim01

Give the office of case management a call you could be waiting about 10-15 minutes if you don't get connected after 17 just call the number until you talk to someone 202-530-9470. It like the 1800 no help but they can answer your questions about all your claims at once appeals or new claims.They close at 430 and wont open until Monday they wont answer usually past 400 but who knows