VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How do I remove a document off of the e-benefits site?

Rate this question

wingnut

Question

I have a major problem. I have a 4 issue NOD that is 24 months old now but I have been informed that it has gone to Ratings, the SOC has been written and is now under review. That's a good thing but now as I was surfing the e-benefits site I saw that there were 2 documents posted on my case which I had never seen before. The first and only two documents. One was a 21-4138 that was 6 months younger then my original denial/decision. Then the other was a homemade unsigned statement/affidavit telling my whole military sob story. With my address, SS# etc. It was pretty close to the truth but one thing that was said can xxxx up my whole case. I know what happened. My ex GF who was helping me with my claim and the computer, I was quite the Luddite a few years ago, Just turned 60, apparently took it upon herself to send a VA a letter w/o my knowing but I am sure she thought she was helping... BTW we haven't spoke for a year.

Now my conundrum is how do I put the feathers back in the pillow? How do I get that statement taken down off the site and what ever hard copies of files of it destroyed? Like I said it is not a legal document and wasn't signed but just reading what she wrote could change a jury's mind. Just one single word she used makes me out to be a liar. And I am not. She is a writer and I guess she felt like embellishing the story... 

Any suggestions Guys?  Thanks! :)    David T Pike USAF 1974-78

6 answers to this question

wing nut,  that is definitely a tough situation.  It would be best if you could call her up,  and ask her to write in a statement that she sent in the document as a "buddy statement" without knowing the facts,  if that is the truth. If she refuses or you can't reach her,  I truly feel that it would be best to see what you were rated and how much consideration they gave the letter.  If it wasnt even signed,  I doubt they gave it much weight, and to be honest,  I'm surprised they even accepted it.  If you are not happy with the rating decision and they mention the letter under evidence reviewed,  then explain the situation immediately and complete a Notice of Disagreement. I'm sure other members will chime in as well,  but if you bring it to their attention now,  it will probably slow your ratings down.  Jmo,  wish you the best and hopefully they didn't give it much probative value as it wasn't signed. 

Even if she is willing to compete a statement, I would hold off sending it in until you receive your rating decision.  You do want to be truthful at all times with VA, but sending it in immediately I believe would slow your almost completed claim down considerably. Hopefully some of the more experienced members will comment as well,  and again good luck to you

• HadIt.com Elder

you can use the old 21-4138 to write a statement about what you said here.

explain what you need in the lay statement section...and make a Note  Please  Note: 21-4138 is not for claim purposes but to let you know I want so & so document removed from and off my e benefits page.

This may or may not work  but it was what I was told to do.

I had 4 ITF  (Intent to File)  showing up, but I only wanted one!  I must hit the wrong button on e benenfits that caused this  and  they are in Duplicate x 4

I called the 1-800 and told them about this, I do not have  4 ITF application ..I only have one  and its been accepted  on Date)and being processed at present.

either I hit the wrong button while submitting my one ITF  last year and some how  they are 4 ITF  in my ebenfits showing.

I want these removed. (PLEASE)

This is what The VA Person said for me to do & use the 21-4138 file it out with name and N/A In the blank spaces  you need to Identify your self  and in the lay statement section  just say...please remove these ITF's  as my INT as these are duplicated 

I only had one ITF and it is being processed at the present time   (my claim with the ITF is in the (prep for decison phase) at present so please remove the 4 INT ON MY  E ebenfits Page  I do not have any ITF'S In Applications at this time!

you can use the 21-4138  To let them know what you want,   just upload on e benefits  by PDF & fill it out write your message and be sure to let them know this 21-4138 is not a new claim or Increase  it is used to relay my message to you about some Documents I want removed of my e benefits page.

hit send just like you would be sending in a 21 526 ez

The VA Person said this would be faster than sending them a message  via  e benefits.  It should go direct to the Janesville Intake Center In Janesville Wi.   .....>(e benfits headquarters I can only imagine?

I sent mine in  but so for all it says is 4 ITF Showing Duplicates ..and my original ITF is in the claim process and waiting  for them to decide it  (prep for decision)

This was only about 4 weeks ago.

you can call the 1-800 # and ask like I did   they may tell you something different? but the old 21-4138 forms are  no good any more as for as filing a claim or Increase  I think it maybe Obsolete.

but according to this VA Person  its a good way to communicate with e benefits site. 

Edited by Buck52

38 minutes ago, flores97 said:

wing nut,  that is definitely a tough situation.  It would be best if you could call her up,  and ask her to write in a statement that she sent in the document as a "buddy statement" without knowing the facts,  if that is the truth. If she refuses or you can't reach her,  I truly feel that it would be best to see what you were rated and how much consideration they gave the letter.  If it wasnt even signed,  I doubt they gave it much weight, and to be honest,  I'm surprised they even accepted it.  If you are not happy with the rating decision and they mention the letter under evidence reviewed,  then explain the situation immediately and complete a Notice of Disagreement. I'm sure other members will chime in as well,  but if you bring it to their attention now,  it will probably slow your ratings down.  Jmo,  wish you the best and hopefully they didn't give it much probative value as it wasn't signed. 

39 minutes ago, flores97 said:

I think your right Senior Chief. They may not even have seen this document because I don't think it was even in the C-File but I don't have a copy to check right now. Best thing to do is wait and see what they decide first. To tell the truth in the statement she said I had "snorted" drugs which I never had and I am filing for contracting Hep-C in Boot Camp from the air injectors which caused liver cancer and ultimately a liver transplant and a whole bucket load of other problems. Just that one word could sink my ship but not really. Just have me have to wait another 2 years to get the compensation I am due... :(

34 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

you can use the old 21-4138 to write a statement about what you said here.

explain what you need in the lay statement section...and make a Note  Please  Note: 21-4138 is not for claim purposes but to let you know I want so & so document removed from and off my e benefits page.

This may or may not work  but it was what I was told to do.

I had 4 ITF  (Intent to File)  showing up, but I only wanted one!  I must hit the wrong button on e benenfits that caused this  and  they are in Duplicate x 4

I called the 1-800 and told them about this, I do not have  4 ITF application ..I only have one  and its been accepted  on Date)and being processed at present.

either I hit the wrong button while submitting my one ITF  last year and some how  they are 4 ITF  in my ebenfits showing.

I want these removed. (PLEASE)

This is what The VA Person said for me to do & use the 21-4138 file it out with name and N/A In the blank spaces  you need to Identify your self  and in the lay statement section  just say...please remove these ITF's  as my INT as these are duplicated 

I only had one ITF and it is being processed at the present time   (my claim with the ITF is in the (prep for decison phase) at present so please remove the 4 INT ON MY  E ebenfits Page  I do not have any ITF'S In Applications at this time!

you can use the 21-4138  To let them know what you want,   just upload on e benefits  by PDF & fill it out write your message and be sure to let them know this 21-4138 is not a new claim or Increase  it is used to relay my message to you about some Documents I want removed of my e benefits page.

hit send just like you would be sending in a 21 526 ez

The VA Person said this would be faster than sending them a message  via  e benefits.  It should go direct to the Janesville Intake Center In Janesville Wi.   .....>(e benfits headquarters I can only imagine?

I sent mine in  but so for all it says is 4 INT Showing Duplicates ..and my original INT is in the claim process and waiting  for them to decide it  (prep for decision)

This was only about 4 weeks ago.

you can call the 1-800 # and ask like I did   they may tell you something different? but the old 21-4138 forms are  no good any more as for as filing a claim or Increase  I think they maybe Obsolete.

but according to this VA Person  its a good way to communicate with e benefits site. 

Thanks Master Chief! That's good to know and a great plan of attack. I will definitely do that but will stand by until I get my SOC/form9 and if they don't give me enough to satisfy my needs I will take it to DC and do exactly what you said. I have a great attorney BTW and would reccomend him to ANY vet filing a claim. Brian Hill is awesome and the top of his field... https://www.hillandponton.com/ 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree Hill & Ponton Are great Advocates  Real Professionals.

Flores97 Has some Great Information also.

Edited by Buck52