VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30 days in preparation for decision...

Rate this question

2NDMARDIVDOC

Question

My claim has been sitting in the preparation for decision for 30 days now. My patience is wearing thin. I provided very clear evidence and my CP exams were pretty strongly in my favor. What the heck are they waiting on? I only claimed 2 conditions. One of them has the potential to have a lot of retro... a lot. Could that be the hold up? If the retro was awarded woul this be the stage it gets stalled in? 

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it could be a good thing, usually they have a decision  but the rater that looked at your claim first probably sent it to other VA Reps for accuracy  or something like that  to make sure every thing is covered correctly .

just be patient and wait   this is a waiting game ya Know.  they want to make us squirm a bit.

in e benefits  to check the status of your claim  click on the submitted claim date where it says ''prep for decision phase '' it will take you to status of your claim hoover your mouse over the ''Question Mark'' at the end of the sentences   ...it will highlite in shaded/orange window  & usually will  give you a time estimation/explanation...but don't worry if its a year or two away  that don't mean it will be that long  they just say that because they don't know how long it will be ...so they give a ridiculous  time.

I'd guess you will hear something from them or your Rep sooner than you think.

Edited by Buck52

Rather than check ebenefits, turn on your TV to the Weather station.  If the weatherman uses his right hand, then that means your claim will be decided in the next 3 months.  If he uses his left hand, then its more delays.  Its more accurate than ebenefits, and you even have a 20percent chance of figuring out what the weather will be.  

In short, dont count on ebenenefits.  

They are waiting for everyone else, too. Just because yours is at the decision phase doens't mean there aren't a few hundred or more piled up behind it. 

Well, just to let you know that my current claim was in the preparation for decision  phase for just over three weeks then it went back to gathering evidence phase.  I called on it and now the VA want another C& P exam for one of the contentions. My scars! I believe because the last examiner didn't measure my scars. 

So, bottom line is it could be anything that's holding it up!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well any time we get a C&P its a good thing  other wise they get stamp happy and deny.

That's the truth Buck52!  I have experience the rubber stamp that said denied in just 6 weeks of filing a claim without having a C&P exam! lighting fast!!!

Edited by saxman