VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO -- Not the Outcome I wanted

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I'm so thankful for the advice that I've received via the many experts from this board when I first filed my VA Claim. I learned a lot and the best thing I learned was that no one is going to care more about your claim than you do. At first, I was misguided and  I relied on a VSO that was not really engaged, did not really care and seemed to only to want to "submit" the claim to get it on her books? But it was people like Berta, Asknod and several others of you that educated me to produce a solid claim that ended up at 90%. Anyway, now the second phase of my claim is to appeal 3 of the contentions, (Broken Big Toe, Broken Pinkle Finger and Severe Dry Inflammation-Blepharitis Eyes-as a result of injuries in service) that they did not originally service connect. Anyway, I filled out and sent in the form I9 with new evidence and  asked for a DeNovo Review  and a  hearing. So, for about 4 months the appealed contentions  were listed on ebenefits and I kept watching for a status update? Then, all of the sudden on ebenefits the general appeal continued  to be listed but then the 3 contentions and their verbiage disappeared? So, I called the 1800 number and they said that a decision had already been made and I would be getting a from the VA within 6 - 9 months? I said, I thought at least  that I was going to  get a "personal hearing"  to further support and defend my claim?  Anyway, as I look at the ratings, the only change that I can see now that they have service connected my right foot - big toe  trauma at 0% and that's it? Frankly, I guess my lesson learned now is that I should have just spent the extra money for brand new exams on all three contentions? Otherwise, it now look like I may have just wasted my time? I know that a new exam is considered the "gold standard" to challenge a claim but I felt as if I had enough solid evidence to get me over the top--but maybe not? 

1. Anyway, my question is does the VA still owe me the DRO Hearing and/or can they just  cancel it?

2. Can I still send my claim to the Appeals Board or is it considered resolved because a decision was already  made?

Good Luck and God Speed...

On February 9, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Berta said:

I don't have it Buck.

It will probably be David.Shulkin@va.gov

I have used these addresses:

President Donald J. Trump

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

And/or  VA Secretary Dr. David J . Shulkin ( he was confirmed yesterday so I can finally get my letter and enclosures to him) at

Veterans Administration Central Office

810 Vermont Avenue  NW

Washington DC  20420

There are over 20 Million veterans in the US of A.If even 1% of those who are  VA claimants and/or VA patients, wrote to the President and the new VA Secretary about their problems with the claims process and VA health care, I think it could make a difference. 

They need to send proof of their issues.

Any vet who had to pay a large fee for a IMO/IME from a real doctor to overcome a faulty C & P has a very legitimate gripe.

Successful CUE ers have very valid gripes.

Anyone who has had their VCAA/ 5103 rights violated has a very valid gripe.

All 38 CFR 4.6 violation victims have a very valid gripe.

All of above have documented proof from their specific VARO that they can enclose and that makes their actual letter very easy and brief  to write and send (with proof of mailing)

Neither the President nor VA Sec has any idea at all of what veterans and their survivors go through.

But like I have said here before, it will take Veterans themselves to change the system.

Veterans will change it ,

or they wont. It is their choice.

I am in all of above (with proof from my VARO) but need to add any successful 38 CFR 3.156 recipients too.

And of course any successful FTCA/ 1151 veteran or survivor , has a documented and very important gripe.

All of above reveal the incompetence of the VA medically and/or via the claims process.And why we have a backlog.

Berta, Buck, and Rootbeer.

I just saw this and believe Sec. Shulkins email address you posted is correct. Sorry Rootbeer, no hijacking was intended, and inexperience got the best of me. Please pardon me. Berta, and Buck, thank you kindly for everything and again, my apologies.

Victor Ray