VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay confusion

Rate this question

1230collins

Question

I had knee surgery in 2014 and was approved for temporary 100%....I knew it would take awhile so I was not looking for the pay anytime soon but, after a year I started calling for a status and was told that my case was at DFAS for auditing....after 6 more months I called back and was told the same thing, so I contacted DFAS and was told that my package had completed auditing and was back at the VA June 2015.   When I checked my claim history on the e-benefits page, the claim submission date had been changed to June 2015 not, the original submission date somewhere around a year earlier.  Since that time when I check e-benefits page what I see is below:

Status of Your Claim

Preparation for Notification

• Submitted: 06/19/2015 (Retired Pay Adjustment)
  • Estimated Completion: 09/28/2016 - 03/19/2017
  • Representative for VA Claims: DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
  • Current Status: Preparation for Notification

Your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing.

I have called and talked to several VA representatives over the months, and they all say no other documents are required this claim has been completed just awaiting mailing...is that normal?

Actually the last VA representative I spoke with said he did not know why this had not been paid because it should have been because the audit and review are complete, he suggested that I go to the regional office in Atlanta is this a good idea to get some action concerning this claim.   The Estimated Completion date for this claim has been extended to well over 18 months!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I know you wont beleive this, but 18 months is kinda fast for VA, EXCEPT when it comes to paying VA employees, who get paid in 2 weeks.  My first claim took more than 3 years, after you consider they "rated" me at 0 percent.    Welcome to the VA and welcome to hadit.  

Dont rely on what ebenefits says. Its amazingingly unreliable.  You just have to wait for the envelope just like the rest of us.  

Yea, I know its rough when you have a family to feed.  But the VA does not care, as long as the employees get paid every 2 weeks.    It is what it is.  

14 hours ago, broncovet said:

EXCEPT when it comes to paying VA employees, who get paid in 2 weeks.

LoL- kinda.

There's no excuse- You need to write your representative with a timeline of events and ask that they explain the conflicting statements. Let them BS the congressman's aide ...