VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Coding List?

Rate this question

green

Question

Several months back folks were suggesting that a Vet could go to a VA Hospital and ask for what I thought was termed a "Coding List".  This list noted the VA code for the disabilities rated.  Can someone let me know what exactly it's called, and who I should talk with at my local VA Hospital to get a copy of this list?

Thanks Much!

• HadIt.com Elder
23 hours ago, green said:

what I thought was termed a "Coding List".  This list noted the VA code for the disabilities rated.

No, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the actual codesheet. It has a list of disabilities, when they were rated, what dates of  percentage on each disability, and 'non service connected disabilities' (aka 'denials')

Here's an ancient one on google, Different look nowdays.

After looking at it, any idea why they don't like handing them out??? ;)

04_10_89 VA RATING DECISION 2.jpg

I do know that my CVSO office has a file on me and in that file is a letter (list) from my rater.  I got to see it once, but the secretary held her hand over the raters name.  She told me that she wasn't supposed to show me (us) because it had the raters name on it.

What I did like about it is that it listed the disabilities, percentages and if they disability was "static".

"Static" disabilities are disabilities that won't improve.  Makes me think that they would be less inclined to re-evaluate at some later date.  Which is good for piece of mind.  But then, nothing is safe in VA land.

Not sure if "static" shows up anywhere else nowadays with eBenefits and myHealthyVet, etc.

I'll have to drop in and see if all my latest maledies are static or not.

FWIW,

Hamslice