VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Permanent and total

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I have submitted in writing a request for permanent and total due to my TBI residuals. I had submitted the letter in as evidence with my request for an increase for my headaches and TBI. I was just given IU and SMC S for my TBI so they know it makes me unemployable but what they didn't have for my TBI review was a recent MRI. Which I had gotten two weeks later from my primary VA doctor where he states that it shows no improvement from a 2006 MRI after my severe TBI. My claim is still technically open so in that letter I requested a new C&P for my headaches since they have tried at the VA 3 drugs and now they are given me a shot in the skull with pain killer to relieve my headaches since they rated me 0%. I also requested a new C&P which the doctor can tell the difference between my PTSD from my deployment and my TBI residuals. The doctor at the TBI said I had no mental issues related to my TBI but then 4 months prior a physc doctor said she couldn't speculate what caused my PTSD but I definitely have PTSD. I said in the letter one doctor says I have it another doctor says I don't have a PTSD related issue from my TBI but you all lumped it together, this should be a separate issue. I spoke with office of case management and they said I have a suspense date on the claim for the 24th of this month. What are my chances they will start working on my issues? I was told I could request all this myself in writing by the VA. I have an active appeal for service connection for one issue they denied and then they service connected me for another issues that is secondary to that issue I get so frustrated with this xxxxxxx wheel of death. I don't care how long the appeal takes it going to get connected my attorney is no longer working with my claim he says there nothing in it for him since I'm 100% now but he started the appeal. Will it no longer be pending if he decided he doesn't want to do it anymore? It a video hearing can I keep it going and just represent myself? I have all the evidence on my issue to prove service connection. Sorry my questions jump around I didn't really know if this was an appeal question until I started writing it.

2 answers to this question

Unfortunately all to well I requested it in a letter on the 18th of January. I've been told it has a suspense date to be done scanning in on the 24th of this month drives me nuts because the lady on the phone was yup I can see it .