VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File request and timeline is complete

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

I know we get a lot of "how long to get my c-file" questions, so I like to post my results for the record.  In 2013 is was about 3 months and that was a paper mess.  Lots of duplicates and in no order whatsoever.

Now, I put in a request October 14, 2016 and I see on eBenefits its closed with a February 15, 2017.  So, thats 4 months, 1 day.

Not sure what I am getting in the mail, but from recent posts, some say it could be a CD.

I will report on what I get in the mail and let everyone know.  And, if its a mess or not.

Another win, small, but a win,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
first person grammar correction

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ham

I got my c-file in the mail in a regular white envelope from VA RMC (Records Management Center) St Louis,Mo

It had a CD in it of my complete C File, I copied it to my computer using acrobat pro and put the CD up for safe keeping.

Edited by Buck52

Scott,

I stop at my CVSO (County Veterans Service Officer) and she had me sign a 21-4138.

I what I got today, it looks like she faxed it to:

To

Department of eterans Affairs. F ridence Intake Center, Janesville

So, it looks like she faxed it to Janesville.

However, the CD came from St Louis, if that means anything.

All,

I did get my CD today.  1650 pages in pdf.  Wow.

I had to get ready to go to work, but took a quick peak and the first pages are my C&P from my last claim and page 1650 is from basic training.

Brought the CD to work.  If I have some dead time, I may take a couple more peaks.

I did have time to download into my storage drive at home so I do have a copy.

Might go to Office Max and have them print the whole thing for me.  Easier for me to look at and read, however, I agree with Buck, you cant beat "find" in the pdf format for looking for certain things fast.

Hamslice

I faxed my request in on October 21, 2016.   I called to see how far along in the process it was and they told me it wasn't there.  Again, faxed it with the proof of the first fax.  Nada until today.  I get the we are working on your request of Feb 7, 2017.  wth  I swear there is a computer hit when the last name is entered.  Stall, throw away, shred, anything but do what is asked. 

I think I've been waiting about 5 mos now, used the VA FOIA request FAX Number. Got a confirmation of receipt E-mail within 3 days from (FOIA.VBACO@VA.GOV).

This C-File FOIA Request, as did a 10/12 C-File FOIA, shows up on my E-Ben as a Pending Claim. Back in 01/14, it had been about 14 months since the FOIA in-person filing at my RO, for the 9 inch C-File to arrive. I trust this FOIA request will be delivered on a Searchable CD, just like the VMC Med Records on CD.

FDC's are the only thing with the VA that you can expect fast movement on, usually less than 6 mos.

Semper FI