VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FIBROMYALGIA

Rate this question

alre

Question

So I am a GW veteran with service in southwest Asia Persian Gulf area. I have been out of service since 2004. I have had muscle and joint pain symptoms of Fibro over the past few years and was just recently diagnosis by a VA rheumatologist with Fibromyalgia.  I have no documentation of this condition or related symptoms in my STR, unless TMJ joint pain systems would be a consideration?  My question:  since I didn't have any symptoms of Fibro on active duty, can I file a claim as "Fibromyalgia presumptive to service in the Gulf War/southwest Asia"? WOULD APPRECIATE ANY GUIDANCE! 

Edited by alre
spelling/grammer

1 answer to this question

Absolutely you can apply to the VA for this condition as a presumptive condition from your Gulf War service. Your best bet is to refer to the Self Help Guide on the National Gulf War Resource Center's website at http://www.ngwrc.org/guide/ngwrc-guide.html and look at Chapter IV to see about Fibromyalgia. That should be very helpful for you. I always recommend you find an advocate to help you when you're ready to file your claim - someone from one of the national service organizations (VFW, DAV, AMVETS, American Legion, PVA, VVA), or an advocate from your state or county veterans office. These folks can help you get your forms done correctly, ensure you use the correct wording in your claims, and get the paperwork to the right places in the VA. They can also help track your claim with access to internal VA systems you won't have.

Good luck!