VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help !Treated for Adhd & Social anxiety but want to claim for depression

Rate this question

drwalk10

Question

I have 4 months left into the navy . 

I've been seeing a psychologist at Behavior Health for the passed 3 years for adhd , social anxiety , and what I thought until now ... depression .

I've been diagnosed as having MMD like 2 years ago but it isn't current but every other time I have a appointment I told to fill out that questionnaire that shows I wasn't doing well mentally .

Apparently my doc didn't feel the need to order any meds for depression so I trusted his judgement even though I expressed verbally and on the questionnaires I wasn't good to go .

Now doing some research of want I can claim , I see the depression symptoms for 50% and they line up perfectly for what i'm going through for the past 3 years .

I guess what i'm trying to ask is 

Do I have to be prescribe medication for depression to claim any benefit from it ?

And what can I do to lock in my depression claim from here ?

1 answer to this question

I would claim depression, social anxiety and the ADHD.Dont leave the Mil without a complete copy of your SMRs. Make sure these are all mentioned on your discharge certificate.

The VA tries to get out of some ADHD claims by saying it pre existed service (because this disability often appears in childhood) but it can be service connected:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp16/Files5/1636887.txt

" Apparently my doc didn't feel the need to order any meds for depression so I trusted his judgement even though I expressed verbally and on the questionnaires I wasn't good to go ."

"

"been seeing a psychologist at Behavior Health for the passed 3 years for adhd , social anxiety ,"

That is why no meds...a psychologist is not an MD and can't prescribe meds.

This might be problematic

"I've been diagnosed as having MMD like 2 years ago but it isn't current..... " I dont quite understand what you mean by "isn't current"

I've be

ought until now ... depression .

I've been diagnosed as having MMD like 2 years ago but it isn't current but every other time I have a appointment I told to fill out that questionnaire that shows I wasn't doing well mentally .

Apparently my doc didn't feel the need to order any meds for depression so I trusted his judgement even though I expressed verbally and on the questionnaires I wasn't good to go .

I've been seeing a psychologist at Behavior Health for the passed 3 years for adhd , social anxiety , and what I t