VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-2?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Was awarded an on-the-spot CUE and Perm IU back in January, during a formal review. Total percentage was 80%, with the largest single condition rated at 40%, a lower spine condition rated at 20%, with other smaller ratings. Also, if it means anything

The issue of me needing help with such things as getting dressed, showering, help getting out of bed was raised by my rep; I also provided a sworn affidavit signed by my fiancé that she helps me with these issues.

Reviewing officer didn't say one way or the other about awarding me SMC.

Do I meet the requirements for ANY kind of SMC?

Also, I have gotten responses to this question that have nothing to do with meeting the requirements, I was just given a link to the SMC pay tables, which mean don't answer my question.

Bronco, the CUE is going back to 1990, and the Permanent IU is going back to the first time I filed for it, which was July, 1998.

So I don't think my rep was wrong with what he said.

I will explain it again.  You dont have to believe me, you will find out soon enough.  

YOU DO not get 342 per month times the number of months.  You dont have to belive me, you will find out soon enough.  

Here is what you WILL get:

342 per month for 2016, and 2015, as there was no cola.

2014  $320 per month

2007  $302 per month.  

But, it declines from there.  

• HadIt.com Elder

allansc2005

After you get your Award packet in the mail let us know what they did on paying you reto  for SMC  How Far Back they went? We need to know what they came up with.

This will help other Veterans in claims like this.

your retro will probably take a while so just keep hanging on buddy. 19years of retro for SMC-S or from Dec 1990 at 27/26years  paid at the SMC-S Rate   ...thats a nice chunk,even with the  Adjustments......I'd be a Happy Camper!

Edited by Buck52

Bronco, I'm quite literate, and understand what you are saying, and I didn't disagree with you.

I understand that pay/payments in 1990 are not parallel with 2017, 2016, 2015... 

Buck, will keep you guys updated. Yes, the money is nice, and I'm far from poor, but getting my 100% means the most.

2-2-0 Second to none! HUAH!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that allansc2005