VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very supprised-Found my place on the BVA Docket

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

Recently you requested assistance from VA. Below is our response.

If you wish to reopen this issue, you may do so within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response By Email (Dept of Veterans Affairs) (03/01/2017 01:28 PM)
Dear Mr. Beagley,

This is an additional response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated March 1, 2017 regarding the status of an appeal.

It appears that most of your questions were answered in Board of Veterans Appeals earlier response however after checking with the Lincoln Regional Office (RO) appeals coach the following information can be given: It has been confirmed that your appeal is currently at the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA) and is pending a Video hearing. There are approximately 180 appeals pending processing ahead of yours from the Lincoln RO. The Lincoln RO has no more video days available for Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 (FY = October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2017) and therefore you can be safe in assuming that your hearing will not be any time in FY 2017. As noted before, appeals are processed in accordance with their place on the docket.

Thank you for contacting us and for your patience. Please be assured that appeals are processed as quickly as possible.

If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely,

Regional Office Director

334/211/dwh

How to Contact VA
On line: www.va.gov

By Phone: 1-800-827-1000

Department Of Veterans Affairs
Evidence Intake Center
PO BOX 4444
Janesville WI 53547-4444

Or fax your information to:

Toll Free: 844-531-7818
Local: 248-524-4260
Response By Email (Dept of Veterans Affairs) (03/01/2017 11:12 AM)
Dear Mr. Beagley,

Lincoln Regional Office

Department of Veterans Affairs
Evidence Intake Center
P.O. Box 4444
Janesville, WI 53547-4444

Phone 1-800-827-1000

Fax 1-844-531-7818

Your file has been uploaded to an electronic filing system that allows multiple offices to access your file and develop your claims at the same time. According to the Board's database, the Department of Veterans' Affairs, Lincoln Regional Office transferred jurisdiction of your appeal to the Board on March 2, 2016, but has not yet electronically transferred jurisdiction to the Board. You have requested a Board hearing to be held before a Veterans Law Judge at the appropriate location. A transcript of the hearing will be incorporated into the record and will be considered along with the other evidence in the appeal when the Board conducts its review. The Board, as required by law, will consider the appeal according to its place on the docket.

You can contact Veterans Information Office for more information. 1-800-923-8387 or Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. thru 4:30 p.m. est

I hope this information is helpful to you.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

I have never gotten a response back this quickly and with a follow up!?  My question is do they only do 1 video conference a day? 

Next I have had 8 or 9 surgeries since then, will my case get pushed back if I submit updated evidence? 

Sorry, but we can not answer if "They" do more than one video conference per day, as we are simply not privy to that information.  Whenever someone asks "What will VA do when?", unfortunately, we dont know that either.  VA does what they want, when they want and not a minute sooner.  

The BVA chairmans report gives "average" times for VA, and it sounds like you want to know how long it will take.  

A hearing takes longer than a "non hearing", for the reasons above.  

I have reviewed the BVA chairmans report, feel free to do so on your own.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

My conclusion is that last year it took 4 to 5 years from the time of the NOD until BVA decides your case, absent an "advance on the docket".  

However, as I posted, someone said there are thousands and thousands of BVA claims that were "not" entered into the system, so those all had to be entered.  At least one person predicted that the appeal time will "jump" from 4 to 5 years to at least 6 or 7 years.  This 6 or 7 year prediction

Makes sense, and is consistent with my other information.  But it, too, may be overly optimistic.  REason:  http://wlrn.org/post/va-backlog-could-swell-10-year-wait-vets-denied-disability-claims

It was pure politics the backlog reduction...the backlog was reduced by denying everything, and now we have an ADDITIONAL 2 or 3 BVA backlog.  

Of course, the BVA/VA wont tell you this..they will tell you hocus pocus..gee you should be getting your the first of next week.  They hope they dont answer the phone when you call back next week and ask where your check is.   

Do you have a BVA doc