VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation for decision

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If a claim is in the prep for decision phase on e benefits for say two months and gives an estimate time  and then they change it to the next month and give an estimate  up to 4 months & no documents needed at this time... does this mean they have maybe denied the claim  and just  adding insult to injury?

if no Documents are needed  then what are they waiting on?  either approve or deny...maybe they want us to get old and die and then make a decision.  eh!

My guess in my case is that the date changed daily move back then up the. Back I don't give a rats about that date I see where it's at look on the morning workload see my average time and that's what I usually do. At the same time I literally call case management and the tweets on the 1800 number just to hear there different response never the same. I'll ask for the suspense date if it's over a month to know when I'm looking at any movement that date means nothing Ebenefits. They give it to you if you ask sincerely enough to the right one not all and might require several calls a day sometimes 3. If after that date has passed call Case Management ask them to put in an inquiry as to why it's sitting the. Usually you have movement after a few days. Don't let it sit Bullshit about the workload they can offload to another place to work your claim. My current claim has entered the Prep for a decision because they sent my case to another work center. Any questions ask if numbers you need ask that too?

• HadIt.com Elder

I got to where I don't believe a word the 1-800 says/thay just put us off and can say anything to get you off the phone.

Anybody know why?

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it depends on what type of claim it is  as to why it takes longer  but they should keep the veteran informed along the way

jmo

Buck,

This happened to me at the beginning of the year.  I had four claims in since May 2016 and Ebennies kept bounces back and forth from gathering of evidence to prep for decision.  Finally this past January it went to prep for decision and a date of mid Feb.  It went to prep for notification mid January and the next day it went back to gathering of evidence with nothing else needed.  Later that same day Ebennies showed that they decided 3 of the 4 claims and deferred one.  I was told by Peggy that the gathering of evidence was just a place holder in Ebennies while they decided my 4th claim.  It had a completion date of May 2016 to Oct 2016.   Well, they closed my claims middle of last month.  I was 2 for 4 on service connection and in the process of appealing the 2 denied claims.