VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

700 + days and waiting on NOD

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I have a question on the best path forward for a NOD I filed over 700 days ago.

I filed the NOD in response to several disability claims that were denied for failure to show up for my C&P exams. I never received notification of any exams so, I did not show up. I filed a NOD contesting the above information within the required time-frame.

Ebenifits shows no change in the last 700+ days on my NOD. My calls to the VA's 1800# have yielded no results, they say they have no estimated time-frame for completion, and no updates on the NOD's progression. Just stand by to standby is the response from the VA. NOTE: I did get notification for C&P exams for my disability exams associated with my NOD in JAN2017, I did go to these exams.

So it appears that something is happening with my NOD, but Ebenifits and the VA 1800# show no changes in the last 700+ days. (I just got off the phone with the VA again this morning)

What should I do, stand by, if so for how long? Or should I contact someone, if so who, and what method of communication should I use?

I thank everyone for all of the help you provide to all of us, hopefully, one of these days I can provide assistance to people on this site, so far I am just stumbling around the VA process.

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 0:34 PM, treysnonna said:

Chiefhouse00,  you said you already filed a nod for increase in diabetes and nephropathy.  Why would you file again for ckd?  Am I missing something.?  My husband filed his nod nov 12,  has a docket 1502319.  So you have a wait.  I have sent in every lab with nephropathy, since he was diagnosed with stage 3 diabetic nephropathy.

Trays Nonna,

How did and when did your husband get a docket number? Just curious because I filed in January 2016, but never got a docket number. Thanks

Victor Ray

Victor Ray, my husband filed his nod nov of 12.  It stayed at ro around 730 days before it got a docket number. So in total it has been well over 1400 days.  Very frustrating.    Good luck to you.  By the way I keep searching bva decisions and they say they go in numerical docket order,  not all true.  Ck it out bva decisions.

1 hour ago, treysnonna said:

Victor Ray, we never got the docket number in the mail, we called the 202 D.C. Number and she told us the docket number.  I'm looking for that number, I thought someone posted it in this thread.

Treysnonna,

Thank you for the information and I hope I am still here in 1400 days, but that's not likely. I am hoping that because of the length of my wait since my first filing(1983), and the VA lying about my illnesses and diagnosis', that it might go faster. Oh, it's not PC to say they lied, they misled me. I actually should have been medically retired in 1971 due to permanent defects, non deployability, never stabilizing, never recovering, never getting diagnosed. I hope your husband survived and received all the benefits he was entitled to, without having to appeal any further. It seems we all get teased little by little then die, and I'm not in a hurry to die, but I am in a hurry to see vindication while I am breathing. Encephalitis is being treated as PTSD, and that is not right. Encephalitis is passed down to the offspring. I hope you all are ok. Good luck.

Victor Ray

I was really hoping to see them moving on these appeals.  I spent the last 4 days in hospital.  Had heart attack symptoms.  They did stress test,  omg that felt terrible.  They also did ultra sound an cath.  Everything turned out good though.  Thank the lord!  Think I scared hubby though.