VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

Here is something, I didn't know about the widow's entitlement to DIC, I know it is still that 10 year limit on before death, but I thought it was 10 years for everything, to bad the whole package wasn't 8 years, but I have read that the democrats, are going to try and change the 10 rule to 5, so hope they get done, before we lose to many more veterans, myself included.

Veteran's Death Was On or After January 1, 1993

Effective 12/1/06

Basic Monthly Rate = $1067 (38 U.S.C. 1311(a)(1))

Additional Allowances:

a. Add $228 if at the time of the veteran's death, the veteran was in receipt of or entitled to receive compensation for a service-connected disability rated totally disabling (including a rating based on individual unemployability) for a continuous period of at least 8 years immediately preceding death AND the surviving spouse was married to the veteran for those same 8 years. (38 U.S.C. 1311(a)(2))

b. Add the following allowance for each dependent child under age 18: *

Effective 12/1/ $265 per child (38 U.S.C. 1311(B))

c. If the surviving spouse is entitled to A&A, add $265. (38 U.S.C. 1311©)

d. If the surviving spouse is entitled to Housebound, add $126 (38 U.S.C. 1311(d))

*DIC apportionment rates approved by the Under Secretary for Benefits under 38 CFR

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet