VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal, NOD, it's Attorney time!

Rate this question

Palma114

Question

I've used a VSO for most of my claims with the VA, obviously I always did all of the work and research, to get my claims approved. I'm at 90% right now. I currently have appeals in, on my OSA denial, and my Chronic kidney disease the varo approved, but the awards effective date was off by 10 yrs, that is a lot of retro, and I did not agree with the ratings.

It is without a doubt time for an attorney, because if varo approves my OSA or my Kidney disease for the correct ratings and the correct awards effective date which is 10 yrs back, and would be 100% ratings 10 yrs ago. NO MATTER HOW MUCH CLEAR EVIDENCE I HAVE, NO VSO IS GOING TO GET SIX FIGURES APPROVED, AT VARO OR BVA!!!!

Will contact first attorney Monday, Hill & Ponton, PA, and go from there!

Edited by Palma114

5 answers to this question

I used Sean Kendall and I had my retro in hand after one month after the win  67k after his cut he is through and he deals with pain in ass people like me who Email sometimes 4 times a day. Just my advice he's on Facebook not a local guy I am in Delaware he is in Colorado and still worked with me. Just my experience take leave it but good luck with your claim.

On 3/11/2017 at 5:58 AM, jfrei said:

I used Sean Kendall and I had my retro in hand after one month after the win  67k after his cut he is through and he deals with pain in ass people like me who Email sometimes 4 times a day. Just my advice he's on Facebook not a local guy I am in Delaware he is in Colorado and still worked with me. Just my experience take leave it but good luck with your claim.

How long did the 'win' take?

Thanks

Skipping the hearing and he submitted a written statement citing the facts Dec 29, 2015 and my appeal was decided and granted May 6 2016 less then six months. This was after my DRO hearing judge gave us what we needed to present to the appeal judge. My DRO took all together 8 months all of was a combination of errors they scheduled it in four months and the first  time they scheduled it they did it before asking my attorney if he was free then they rescheduled the week the Pope was in Philadelphia they felt bad rescheduled within 30'days. My claim was denied 2012 and I waited over the Appeal time of 1 year so in 2014 Mr Kendall filed a cue which was granted on the reason I was never given a SOC for their denial explaining why they were right and.my service department LOD was incorrect. The appeals judge denied cue saying since they never provided a statement of the case it was still open even after the three denials prior but in the end she sided with my service department and my attorney and the retro was roughly 100k.It went claim reconsider DRO then appeal all of which was done in 6 years sounds long but incredibly quick for all that together. Tooth and nails to a chalkboard this entire process never stop or give in when you feel your right. Just find the evidence and they can't deny you.