VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I bring additional information for the examiner during a C&p

Rate this question

pctinc2001

Question

I have a C&P on March 14, and wanted to know can i bring additional information to submit to the examiner to help with my claim? And If so do they suppose to take that into consideration?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes you can...and make sure the examiner types it in the computer.

I had a  C& P Exam for PTSD and I was not sure the examiner had any records of my OSA (Sleep Apnea) as I had been diagnose by the VA After my Scheduled C&P so I took the medical records to show my Sleep Apnea Dx...

I had to let her know I been Dx for S.A. by the VA Since this appointment was scheduled, and she great I'm glad you mention this  I will put it in the computer...it helped my PTSD Claim  but I never was S.C. For it   b/c no prior military medical records or I had not complained about it military  and nothing to substantiate it.  but its in my records now.

Yes, But remember 2 things:

The C and P examiner is paid by the VA to represent VA's interests..not yours. 

And, The C and P examiner may/may not consider your evidence credible.  If its evidence from a scientific journal, rather than a "Reader's Digest" article, then you have a better chance.  

The examiner is offering an opinion on "you" and your unique circumstances.  The research articles are more of a general nature, and may or may not apply to your specific case.  

If the C and p exam is unfavorable, then you can do some things about it.  One, is to attack the credibiliity of the examiner..especially if they have little or no expertise in the disability you are seeking.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I some what disagree about the VA Examiners are paid by the VA & represents VA interest not yours or who or how their paid. that is not my concern.

This is certainly debatable.

if the C& P is unfavorable then yes we can simply say they have no interest in helping a veteran but when the  C&P Exam is favorable  we never think about rather or not they have our best interest at heart.

My C&P Examiner was very through, &  ask me questions and if I had anything I needed to add or let her know  but she could only take medical records that I had   and she would not take any evidence that was from researched article and such.

She introduce her self has a Licence certified PTSD Phyistrist  with a P.H.D. in this field of medicine and was contracted out by the VA for QTC & Had been notified by QTC  and  she mention she had 10 years experience & she let me know that she also was a Veteran.

This PTSD C&P was performed at her Office. she had read all my medical records that was  pertaint to my claim week before and had them up on her computer to read as she conducted the Exam.

she was very nice and seem like she did have my best interest at heart..she mention to me that she has read my stressors from the records that showed them and she will not be asking me any questions about them  she has enough evidence that she did not need to dwell in the past.

from my experience in having 5  C & P Exams in the past  a lot of it depends on what type of Examiner the Veteran gets   He/she will either get a Hard Ass Examiner or an examiner that has no experienced or have the expertise (credentials) in the C&P Exams for what she is called for. or get a nice compassionate experienced Examiner (with correct credentials)that will conduct the C &P exam like its suppose to be.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

thanks broncovet and buck for your reply. My evidence that I want to have noted is dr. visits that the DAV failed to upload with my FDC .

The VA pays for the exam.  Period.  Either the examiner works for VA, or for a contractor who is paid by the VA.  Either way, the money comes from the VA.  People tend to be  Loyal to their employer who pays them.  If your boss told you to do something, you probabably either did it or got fired.  The guy who signs your paycheck has power over you.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Broncovet

Just my opinion here and don't intend to insult you or piss you off in anyway  veteran brother to veteran brother....agree?

As long as the Veteran shows up on time for the Exam ,in my opinion I could care less how or who pays the Examiner OR if its performed at the VA or Contracted out, the only interest/concern  I have and all veteran should have is  rather or not the C&P Examiner with correct credentials in expertise  reads all the evidence presented to them to make a honest decision and  the Veteran has a favorable exam. ''period''

Just because VA Pays  the examiner don't necessarily mean the examiner is for the VA Only, If the examiner does his/her job right and the VETERAN presents all his favorable medical evidence as to what he has claimed....then the Veteran can hope the examiner does his/her Job right.

I don't think it makes a Rat's Behind how or who pays the examiner.

If I was a first time veteran with a claim this post sounds discouraging to me.

I would like to think positive for all the Veterans out there with first claims and to the contrary to your post not to discourage them  and a lot of first time veterans read these post.

JMO