VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Records of C&P Exams

Rate this question

Shake-n-Bake

Question

I have two claims in process and have recently done the C&P Exams for both. The first one was a couple of weeks ago, which was a tinnitus exam, conducted solely over the phone. I asked the lady if I didn't need to go see anyone and she said, no, there's valid test for tinnitus, so they just do the phone interview. I already knew they couldn't medically test for tinnitus, but was still a little surprised that I didn't have to go in for some kind of appointment. At the end of the phone conversation, the person said a decision should be made on my claim in approximately 6-8 weeks.

On Monday of this week, I went in for my MH C&P, in connection to my claim for PTSD - Combat related. I have no idea what to make of that conversation. I talked to the examiner for close to an hour and a half, but have know way to gauge if it "went well", or not. She said she would complete her notes/form (whatever she had to complete) that day and submit it to the RO. Like the lady from the phone exam, she said it should take approximately 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made on my claim.

After doing some reading on this forum, I've learned that the results of my C&P exams should be found under the Blue Button report on myhealth.va. Is that correct? I have checked and do not see anything about either exam there. This is just the fourth day since my mental health C&P, but the tinnitus C&P was two weeks, maybe three weeks ago. Shouldn't there be something in my Blue Button records about it? Should I be concerned that it's not?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

As to your question if done by a VA personnel they will be entered into your health record blue button after 10 days in most cases if not I would call the place who did your exam over the phone and see what the issue is why you cant see it yet.

Well, they have yet to enter the notes from my PTSD C&P exam, but as of today, they have closed out my two claims. I was online to renew a prescription through the VA and decided to check my blue button for the C&P exam record. Still nothing, almost a month later. Then I decided to check the status of my claim, which is usually an exercise in anger management, because they keep inexplicably pushing the estimated date of completion farther back. I was shocked to see that, coincidentally, they just closed out my claims today. Of course, I haven't gotten the letter/decision packet yet, but according to the eBenefits site, they've awarded me a combined 60%.