VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not excepting of TBI and PTSD together

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas I am missing or does it sound like im in the right direction? I am in connect with the office of case management who I made aware I recieved a copy of the decision from my lawyer but under my new claim for PTSD I have not been to a C&P again. I told the person. On the phone I am looking at my C&P I had in August there the doctor diagnosed me with PTSD but couldn't speculate what caused it but it was either my terroristic threats that cause it from my deployment in 2009 or my TBI in 2006 she couldn t speculate. Ok not a brain doctor understand why they lumped it then 3 months later my TBI review the doctor says I have no mental disorder due to my TBI and says I have amnesia of months before and after my accident. So alittle annoyed they lumped it in again after he said I had no PTSD from my TBI. So I had filed a new claim to get it seperate did in September. In the decision SOC whatever you call it it's not even mentioned in why it's never discussed only mentioned that a new claim was filed. I wrote a letter requesting P and T which was denied because they gave me a future exam in 2022. Ok fine in that same letter I also addressed my PTSD C&P issues. So I basically spoke with the woman on the phone who was sincere who was shock about all that I have gone through so she said call Monday I'm submitting an inquiry as to why you didn't get your PTSD addressed in the new decision that's awaiting approval before it's to late. Guess i can be glad that they are slow when I need to get something fixed on my decision.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Choose TBI over PTSD. TBI is a brain disorder, and PTSD is Mental Health: something they think they can fix overnight. The symptoms overlap, and the main thing is to find the "root cause", which in this case for me and you is TBI. Don't waste your time on the PTSD.

I also have dementia and NPH (Normal pressure hydrocephalus, water on the brain, or spinal tap related): which are all related to blast TBI. The Shake's or Parkinson's Disorder may also result as the severe stage of TBI, and a lot of Marines get the Shake's! If you start to get them, let me know and I think I've got a cure. ymmv.

I'm getting blackouts now they the VA hospital has referred me to the university of Pittsburgh to find out why if it related to my TBI headaches or dizziness. I'm just grateful my Primary wrote me a letter to get it all paid for by the Va hospital but I'll know next week. Losing my license will suck he said since I am having seizures it required would this be a reason for an increase and more AA I am SMC S but the cost of I start treatment and losing my license will be very costly?