VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Move up on docket

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

My daughter has been diagnosed with ms, fybromaldia, and few more diseases,  which are all auto immune .  She has been applying for Sadi for two yrs now maybe a little longer.  She has no income, because if she works she is automatically denied the ssdi.  She is on obama care,  and was just sent something saying if she had no proof of income the Obamacare would go up about 100 percent.  Sadi is almost as slow on moving as va.  We cannot let her ins lap.  She had a relaps last yr in April and one this yr.  each time a nurse comes out and does a med infusion for three days.  She is on twice as many meds as me and my husband put together.  We pay her co pays now,  she has had to move in with us because she could not afford the rent payment and etc.    she is single no kids.  Would this be good enough to qualify us to move ahead on docket?  Because it is a hardship on us.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure I understand your post?  is your daughter a Veteran?

if yes and she has a claim in...

I would think this is a hardship, call the 1-800#  or your RO and let them know  about all of this ASAP.

If you use a Rep  let him/her know  all this what you just posted & Request it be expedited.

Edited by Buck52

Who is the one who has the appeal? Or is this an intial claim? What she has will determine the quickest way to go. Either way you can call the office of case management (202) 530-9470 to see where your appeal or claim and when they ask if you have any more questions explain all what you said to us they may submit in an inquiry to get you a call where ever your claim is to see if it will get moving if not it email time to Ted Ebert or Shulkin. 

As I recall, it's your Husband's BVA Claim. That said, you paying your Daughter's Med Expenses would not be considered grounds for your husband to get a Hardship bump to the front of the BVA Hearing Line. Is his BVA Docket 16 or 15, I don't recall? Last time I reviewed 15 & 16 BVA Decisions, looked like pre-2014 appeals were on deck.

Are you sure your paying of your Daughter's Med expenses is the right way to handle things Taxwise.  She's no longer your Dependent, so you're paying isn't considered a deductible Medical Expense. Consider that it might be better for you to gift the $$ to her to pay her own Med Deductibles and copays, then again maybe not.

Semper Fi

I'll have to check the gift thing out. It would not be counted has  any earnings for her.  So maybe that would not keep her from getting her ssdi.  We called her atty, you would think he would be able to help with the answer. Maybe a tax person would be able to answer that too.  Thanks all of you for your advice. I really appreciate it.