VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So as I am waiting for a VOC rehab a man sat across with me and asked the front lady if She knows  how to file disability, he was in Vietnam. She said the basics and then she said you don't have to worry about getting the evidence the VA does it for you. I chimed in not to be rude but sir if you know where the evidence is bring it in here or submit on ebenefits he said he knew how to. She looked angry I said look the reason there's years of wait time is because you all don't know where to look and even when you do it's pending scanning into a system that won't benefit this man at 71 years old. Maybe I was wrong any comments? Wasn't trying to be rude just trying to prevent delays

Edited by jfrei

It sounds like your help was not appreciated.  It happens to me, quite often.  You give good advice, and they choose whether or not to accept it. 

I tell people sometimes to not complain to me when I give advice, they elect not to follow it and get a bad result.  

• HadIt.com Elder

When I go to my VAMC PTSD Treatments/Therapist I go by the VBA (Veterans Benefit Administration) and see veterans setting there waiting to see a Rep.

I stop to visit a few  to kill time before my appointment and Pass out Ms Tbirds Hadit Cards  and tell the veterans to log on to hadit  if they want some real help with their claims...the Clerks Act like they don't like it but they really can't do anything about it.

First, They'll be unable to get his service records, then they'll send to the wrong place for his Private Medical Records, and go to the wrong VA.

Then, eventhough the DD 214 says "VIETNAM" in 12f, or there's literally a travel voucher to DaNang*, they'll demand you prove exposure to AO.

* Not making these up :(