VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

Rate this question

chaselittle

Question

bva remand 3 issues and award 2 issues.  the RO sent me a decison on the 2 issues that were awarded by the BVA..  They also sent me another veteran decision letter. Does anyone know what to do?  what kind of storm will this error cause

6 answers to this question

The VA is required to "not delay" a partial remand/partial award, which is apparently what you got.  It is correct...the RO "should" send you a decision implementing the award, (and send you your money), and comply with the remand orders.  It takes weeks, months, or years for the RO to comply with a BVA remand (mine took 3 years..it isnt supposed to take that long.  They are supposed to give "expiditious treatment" to remands.  

So, what you should do now:

1.  Wait to get decision.  After decision arrives, read it and decide if you want to appeal the appealable issues.  The issues that are remanded are not appealable..if you file a NOD on a remand, it will simply be denied as that (remand) is not final.  

2.  If you want to file a nod on awarded issues, then do so before the year is up.    You can file a nod on the effective dates, or disability percentage(s), as applicable.  

3.  However, you must wait until the RO complies with the remand order, you can't file a NOD on remanded issues.  

On 3/16/2017 at 7:25 PM, chaselittle said:

They also sent me another veteran decision letter. Does anyone know what to do?  what kind of storm will this error cause

You need to report the PII violation- What if someone sent your info to me- And it was sensitive- Not to mention your SSN, address and name are now in my hands.

It's very important to report for those and other reasons

MilkHunt i faxed the issue to evidence intake on Feb. 14 2017. i did not know if it was lagal for me to send the veteran his decision letter. i called RO but can not get someone to pick up. i will keep calling and also wait for RO to reply how to the paperwork back to me. i will give you an update once i get them on the phone

MikeHunt i finally got someone to pick up. they had me on the phone for 10 mins getting his infro and making sure our records not be interwined again. they instruct to send it to Freedom of Information at/Privacy Act Office 9700 Page Ave St Louis MO. 63132. The RO has me on alert to recieved a phone call from them. i am about to put it in the mail.

• HadIt.com Elder

If it was me and I got another veteran decision letter  I would send the  un-open decision letter to that veteran address and  in a short note  just let the veteran know the VA f*** up and sent his  VA Mail to you  and your sending it on to him  and just say I hope you get it...you may want to send it certified return receipt address to this particular veteran.

I had sent off for my medical records from an Old VAMC I use to use before we moved and they sent me my records along with 30 other veterans...I called that VAMC Medical Records And mention to the head clerk what happen  she said OMG can you please send those records back ASAP, so I mailed them back to her...nothing else was said..so I sent them return receipt and I got the card back where someone signed for them.

some one should have been fired for that!

The VA uses common printer for many employees. Each 'job' is separated by a blue piece of paper- There's stacks of printed letters just sitting on the printers.

What happens is someone picks up their letter, but has another stack included, so pages from another account are included.

People also re-use letters and just change the address, but not 'Always include 123456789 when replying' in the body.

You can only partially blame the employee. In companies humans run, you need a code or ID card to get the printer to complete your job- So you can't get the next account's papers. Hello 1996 ...

But you have to give them some credit, they actually sent the letter!