VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

George Bush Center

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So my Primary doctor said since they can't help me or have failed along with my service department in evaluation of my TBI on the severity he wants to send me to the George Bush Center on TBI research.

He said he is speaking with Dr. Kelly this week so I think I may finally be properly evaluated and treated for all my injuries invisible as some are and being able to finally figure out my black out problem. I have found a VA doctor who cares about my issues and is trying to get the 1. The Va to pay for it or 2. Have the Bush center do it for free for aid in researching for them. I have yet to see a research project involving PTSD and sTBI with Post traumatic amnesia and isn't disgruntled with his system he is actually one of many in the Wilmington Delaware hospital. So if you have a choice where to be seen and are as close to philly as Delaware pick Wilmington VA. Fingers are crossed said I was a very good candidate for this project. I don't care if it's not a guarantee to be my old self but a step in the right direction.

i am so glad I left Philadelphias area where I was a dime a dozen in Delaware I can walk in at any moment if needed and be seen. I understand it's a smaller area and not a huge city. But if I were Philadelphia  I'd  be broken down into four sections And have a different VA facility to ensure all are helped for each section I'd break it down North South East West of the city and for the surrounding whichever region they are closer too.

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I hope they are able to somehow get you approved there. I wish you the best of luck.

My VAMC (Birmingham AL) recently expanded into a second building which is about six city blocks away. They run shuttle buses, but It stinks when they schedule appointments on the same day at both locations.

I received a call from Richmond VA for the PTRP and introduced me to the idea. I have a lot to get done before I am able to do something like that my wife is due MAY 8 and that's allot to ask of my wife a mother of two to do for a possible 3 weeks at the least she said. I wish Philly or Wilimington DE had something like that to do outpatient from Home.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I know what you mean. Our VAMC does not have a chiropractor, so I am considering using the choice program to pay for the one I use outside of the VA. Do you think your VAMC will cover this for you via the choice program?

Congratulations to you and your wife! We just had a little boy back last November, but he was 2 months early and doing great.

So did our closet friends baby is now 2 and healthy as can be congrats to you as well. I'm not even doing anything they called me and working with my Primary but they said it's a good chance..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use