VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's isn't considered pyramiding

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I am rated 100% IU due to my TBI residuals... Secondary Migraines, Dizziness, scars, and Hip pain. I'm still unsure how many more issues I can claim resulting from my TBI accident ? I have about 4 more issues two of them are at the BVA right now dealing with this accident the va doctor told me it shouldn't be considered that because it's another physical injury not related to your head injury but another causality to the incident that's no longer in question..

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a lot of other S.C. Conditions I could claim  but no more $$ in the pot for me  with the exception of all the possible SMC  UP TO 8.400.00 Monthly  if I lose my arms my legs and be bed ridden the rest of my life  to me that's what the SMC are all about.

But since I have my main S.C. Disability over ten (10) years if I die my spouse can get DIC...so I am ok with what I do get at 100%  P&T with two SMC's = S  AND K

I do believe a veteran can file as many claims has he wishes but I also believe after he reaches the 100% P&T mark  that he can clime the latter to be in a safer place as for as getting a proposal reduction &  having any  % over 100 % is good  in case this happens  but sometimes a veteran can go over his limit.

just my opinion.

Edited by Buck52

I still have to request PT on the correct form this time and am currently waiting my VA wants to send me to inpatient care for my TBI now I've only been SC for 7 years..I didn't know you could get 2 SMC I'm just SMC S

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

You can get multiple SMC's and from different ways than folks might even realize. Please keep in mind that SMC does not count towards your combined rating %, but typically results in $$$ and other extra benefits.

For example, if the SC disabilities or the medication used to treat them resulted in ED, problems with the hydraulics functioning properly, etc... then you can file for SMC-K. That's a little more than $100/month extra. It is possible to have multiple SMC-K awards, too.

Check out these links for more details about SMC

And this one here too:

https://asknod.org/2014/08/25/cavc-howell-v-nicholson-what-smc-s-really-says/