• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
timetowinarace

Flat Refusal For Va Care

Do you have other medical insurance like medicare? I think I would go ahead and get the care from someone who will treat me and make a personal trip to the congressman or senator's office. I would send the bills to Fee Base and send a copy of the bills to the congress person along with a explanation. If you can go to see the Fee Base office I would go there in person with the bills. Make a pest of yourself. How long of a drive is it to the VAMC?

I havn't been approved for SS yet. Had a hearing last month so I'm just waiting. I do have insurance through my wife though, so I use that again. I couldn't use it much last year because I had no income to pay my copay. Without it I couldn't have gotten the testing needed to get me service connected. I'll look into Fee Base and give them what I have. It might not be untill Feb. though. Salt Lake VAMC is 150 miles south. Boise VARO is 150 miles west. Snow covered roads this time of year.

But, I like the idea of sending a copy of the bills to my A-hole Senator Craig. And to the local paper. Let him explain how he figures the VA is well funded while this 100% Service connected veteran is paying for the treatment of his in service injuries. It costs my wife $101.00 a month to keep our insurance. After the $500 deductible each year I pay a minimum (usually) $20 copay per office visit for treatment. And on top of that I pay a copay for the meds prescribed by non VA health care. If I were to drop this insurance I would recieve no treatment for my SC disability (other than antidepressants and headache meds).

HMMMMMM.

The reason the testing wasn't done by the VA was because the examiner had service connected my depression in either of the two possibilities. He needed testing to confirm his diagnoses of cognative dissorder due to in service brain trauma. And he said if the testing did not show the cognative dissorder, then my depression was caused by my then SC undiagnosed fatigue. Either way, Service connected. The only way the RO could deny the claim is if the testing was not done. It was not done, and I was denied. As soon as I had it done privatley I was granted SC.

The overall problem with VA treatment for head injury is simply funding. Brain trauma is said to be the war on terror's "signature injury". With the brain injury program a joint DOD and VA effort, the freshly injured will have priority, as they should. However, how many of these are being turned away also?

Time

Edited by timetowinarace