VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

oldtimer92

Question

Ok, in Nov '16, I sent in a letter requesting a reconsideration with new material and evidence on a decision that was denied in Dec '15. I sent this information to the Intake Center, well  Dec 23, I finally just sent information again on ebenefits so I would not lose my 1 year date, but on Ebennie, I also included new claims that I was told I needed to submit. I completed the NOD form and included it with documents for the claims I disagreed. At the beginning of March claimed moved to prep for decision, then 2 weeks later it was sent back to review of evidence, the next day it moved back to review of evidence. They hadn't rated any of the claims, but they sent me a letter stating they needed a NOD form from me, but I had already sent one. So now I am waiting in Gathering of evidence. So any ideas as to why they requested that form again?

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Never request a Reconsideration if the appeal is still on going...they will turn this into a new claim and will start your EED when you file the reconcideration

send in the NOD ..they might not got it....resend it.

Or they will saw it's currently being uploaded and could sit there for a month. Make sure you don't 1800 they have no clue call the office of case management they will tell you why it's at that phase and if it's pending uploading you NOD

We took the advice to call office of case management.  Hubby claim set with Vso for over a yr.  we called Vso and told them to get off their butts and get the 646 in.  There was no resonate or rime for it to set there for a yr.  then we call the case management.  All this was on mon or tues on  Friday I look at ebenefits and it says it is waiting for the law judge.  Don't know if they wrote up the 646 or just sent it without one.going to call them back on Monday.  My husband did tell them he was ready to call  President Trump or whoever.  I think a lot of these claims and appeals could move a little faster,if sometimes they looked and see how simple some of them are to work, when you only have one or two things to be approved versus appeals that have a lot to be approved or disapproved.  I know that might take it out of dockett order,  but give those to the guys that know how to work these claims faster.

Any vet ,whose claims transfer to the BVA is being held up for a 646, should write a brief letter to the Secretary....or email him.

This was one of the situations I wrote to Sec Shulkin about,

one of many things that has caused the backlog. Us claimants did  not cause it.

646s are usually never handled by the VSO who is familiar with the claim and often just contain a generic statement that does not advance the claim or raise anything important that the BVA needs to consider.

I doubt if most of the VSOs who write the 646s even look through the files.

I gave a suggestion as to how that all can be altered to save time.

It is also why I asked Shulkin to issue a Fast Letter on CUE, within the NOD appeal time frame, because there is no regulation for this and it has worked for me a 2 others here...

It could insure that any vet rep would look for CUE as soon as they get any decision, and that too would save time. Of course that means the rep would have to understand CUE but all that info is here. and I think all the vet orgs in the Big Six get the same training I did, so they should know about CUE.

I am trying to get a copy of what the Big Six and Shulman discussed prior to POTUS signing the Accountability Act last week. I am sure the Senate will pass it, but I also am sure that, although this is a good start, it will take veterans to contact the VA Sec and let him know what  problems they have had with their claims, that didn't have to occur.....and with their medical care too.