VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spinal Tap (lumar Puncture)

Rate this topic

I had a lumbar puncture 2 days ago. I woke up yesterday with a horrible headache. Has anyone out there had a headache after their lumbar puncture and if so how long did the headache last? I've been in bed for 2 days and i'm tired of laying here.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It's because you didn't stay flat on your back lonnnng enough.

(come on now, you know you didn't......) B)

Guest Dataman

Every time I have had one. 3 for 3. Lasts about a week to 2 weeks. I plan on staying in the Hospital for Pain Drugs. Shortest time was for Milogram and it only lasted a week. Longest two weeks. But I lost 25 lbs. They tried a blood patch (Inject Blood into Spinal Fluid) to stop the leak. It did not work.

It ended like a light switch being turned off. Click it was gone after 2 wonderful weeks in Fitzsimmions in Denver.

>Wasn't allowed any time to lay down after spinal tap. Was told to get dressed and go home which is a 2 1/2 hour drive.

I've had the same thing done to me. It's completely against medical practice procedures.

It took me a week or so before I could walk very well. Theres some serious complications that can come from a spinal tap.

If your still having problems, get in to see your Dr.