VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not sure where this goes...My Meds changed out on my hypertension

Rate this topic

I was awarded 10% for hypertension back in 1997 and was taking vasotec 15 mg.  However, after incurring a severe heart condition, and I now take verapamil 240 mg er 1/ day and propafenone hydrochloride 325 mg er 2 / day.  I have a pacemaker for bradycardia, supraventricular tachychardia, and sss.  I gave up filing for the pacemaker.  My va rep said he didn't want to deal with it and my doctors won't give me any type of statements to help me out.  So, now I will file alone for my meds.  The question is..Do I upload my prescriptions on ebenefits.gov under a new claim or should I find a mental hospital and sign in?  Don't think i can take much more of this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

rfsvt

I moved it to  The Prescription Medications-Health Issues Forum...maybe it wili be read more there!

and welcome to Hadit Sir.

rfvst,

Not sure what your asking here, but,

If you are getting your current HBP meds from the VA, just contact your VA clinic and tell them your meds have changed and they will either have you come in and they will change them after you see a VA doc or PA, or they could just set you up and send you the new ones.  Happens to me all the time.

Second, and more important, is that you should be filing a claim(s) for anything related to your heart as secondary to you already service connected hypertension.  If your HBP and or the drug you were on caused any additonal injuries, you should redieve more compensation.

And dump any VA rep who tells you he/she dosent want to deal with your situation anymore.  Thats a crock!

Just sayin,

Hamslice

ok thanks hamslice.  I got a new va rep today.  He said he didn't need any written statements from the heart doctor or electrocardiologist just a copy of my medical records and my current list of medications and he said he will take care of the rest.  Also, I did another c & p yesterday on my back.  It will be a few weeks before I see any results.  I'm kind of interested in treatment to relieve the 24/7 pain that is back there.. been missing vertebre and broken ribs for a long time and the pain is relentless.  I don't take any strong pain killers except advil. 

rfsvt,

I am service connected for my back.  First 10% because of pain, documented in my service records, then it was raised to 20% because of range of motion.  Range of motion is where the money is.  And when they measure your range of motion, be sure to stop at pain.  Don't let the examiner push you farther.

Anyway, I get my Naprosyn, 500mg twice a day, free from the VA.

And good job on switching out your rep.  Its hard to come to terms with, but sometimes you got to cut bait and move on.

FWIW,

Hamslice