VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Successful VA Claim Story

Rate this topic

Yes- as Berta quoted you, on how you navigated the process- .......Hard Work!

I did the same with great results too.  Proud of you! 

From your post, I take it that you didn't file an FDC 12/1/16? Tell me that you started the Claim on your E-Ben in early 2015 to establish your Retro Date.

Old Jarhead to Lifer Squid, you know you didn't become 90% SC overnight, right? Just think of the SC $$ you left on the table due to procrastination, well better late than never, welcome to the club.

Is there a Severe MH SC (50 or 70%) included in your Combined Rating? Was an 'Inferred IU Claim" referenced in your Award Letter?

What was your actual Combined SC, prior to rounding up or down to 90%? Do you agree with the Awarded SC %?

Semper Fi

As long as they dont try to screw with those receiving retirement and VA compensation then 90% plus your retirement is pretty darn stout.

Cant you also go for Social Security???

Retired+90%VA+Social Security would be the perfect recipe

You bring up a good point killemall concurrent receipt could be changed at some point. We can hope it won't be changed or possibly grandfathered if it is, but in reality the only thing apart from exercising your right to vote and writing your congressman is planning for the worst and assuming it will be changed at some point. Look at the history of changes made to retired pay, social security and disability pay over the years. Like all recipes, each person adds or takes away ingredients. We can plan in advance for how we allow those changes if any to affect us. I am very fortunate in that upon retirement at age 38 found a second career and was able to save and invest and decided not to touch my military retired pay until I decided to retire for good. I plan on doing the same with my disability pay. I am extremely fortunate in that my rating is combined and I don't have one large one that prevents me from working. I plan on using the next seven or eight years to be as productive as I can maximizing my earnings and savings so I can truly enjoy retirement when that day comes.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use