VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctors support letter

Rate this question

commodog

Question

As to the strength of the support letter, on proper VA MHC letterhead, and the signature of a 30+ year VA psychiatrist, what do you guys think?
How strong will that play a role in getting TDIU?

I have submitted my 8940, but all three previous employers were unreachable, or non-responsive in regards to the other forms.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks for all the support, Broncovet, Vync, Buck, and others.
You guys have been awesome!

Edited by commodog

commodog;

I am not qualified to speak of the 'strength of support" on the letter ....

but, I too had difficulty with the employers not responding for my application of IU.  I submitted my W-2 's for the qualifying years. - The VA  did check with the IRS  records before I submitted this as proof of employment, because I received a notice on my identity security app. It was Verified as a VA entity. 

Good Luck

On 4/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, L said:

commodog;

I am not qualified to speak of the 'strength of support" on the letter ....

but, I too had difficulty with the employers not responding for my application of IU.  I submitted my W-2 's for the qualifying years. - The VA  did check with the IRS  records before I submitted this as proof of employment, because I received a notice on my identity security app. It was Verified as a VA entity. 

Good Luck

Hey, thanks, L.

I'm not sure if the VA has pulled my previous tax year information. If they have, then great, as they will see no employment record for the past ~4 years.

Right now, in all of my C&P's, each and every single doctor has filled out the section that states, "Does veterans injury impact his ability to maintain employment?", or words to that effect.
Every single doctor (3 of them) put "Yes", with a brief description of why.
Then my VAMC Mental Health doctor who has been treating me for PTSD/TBI for years wrote a letter in support of TDIU, and likewise filed it into my VAMC medical records, and it is easily viewable via BlueButton.

My current status in Ebenefits is "Preparation for Decision", but I am unsure whether they have viewed the letter I sent in support of TDIU via my VSO.

commodog - when you look on ebenefits in relation to this claim, it will have the uploaded documents that were accepted...

& listed ( by the names you assigned to the attachment).

It does not assure they read them, but confirms they received them via upload. 

Good Luck- mine took only two months.

Blessed, Thankful, Grateful! 

On 4/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, L said:

commodog - when you look on ebenefits in relation to this claim, it will have the uploaded documents that were accepted...

& listed ( by the names you assigned to the attachment).

It does not assure they read them, but confirms they received them via upload. 

Good Luck- mine took only two months.

Blessed, Thankful, Grateful! 

Hey, L!
I haven't been able to upload or view uploaded documents for months. I get a specific error when trying to access it.
Everything else is accessible though.

Status is now currently in "Pending Decision Approval".

Thanks!

Dont forget to convert your files to .pdf for documents or .jpg for pictures. I kept getting upload errors message until I switched them over... 

14 hours ago, jfrei said:

Dont forget to convert your files to .pdf for documents or .jpg for pictures. I kept getting upload errors message until I switched them over... 

Yeah I did that (pdf mostly). The error that I get is that the uploading service is not available.

Edited by commodog