VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Teaching Credential

Rate this question

thatguyVLAD

Question

I graduate soon and want to teach english overseas in either Japan or S. Korea but my GPA is too low for the requirements of the teaching credential program.  Is there a possibility that the VocRehab program would let me retake classes in order to raise my gpa?

Edited by thatguyVLAD

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have 6 curriculums full of classes and only ENGLISH 101 and SPEECH 101 were upgraded from a C to an A: ONLY because they changed the course names/numbers. So 2 out of approximatley 350 classes in over 35 years is not a good track record. But I KNEW I could do it in English and Speech since 35 years is a long time in pragmatic utilization, so it was psychologically supportive in my case. But w/TBI, Dementia, and water on the brain, recall is easier in comparison (I work like Hell studying!) and thinking is where I fail miserably with declining cognitive abilities.

From going to school with the S. Koreans and Japanese, they are going to eat you for lunch: not because they are smarter than you, but because their societies have evolved around being the smartest students in the world. Legalized cheating is a way of life for them, and if any of your 40% disabilities have to do with the brain in any way, good luck! They eat, breath, and live by going to school and being in the top 1% of the class. Ymmv, like in English and they may not know that as well. But they WILL have every copy of every exam question memorized, and their instructors support them objectively, subjectively, and will cheat for them as well... I know! FYI.

Edited by armorer