VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My experience at the VA clinic today (Question)

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

Hello all, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section. But I wanted to discuss my experience today at my local clinic. First off, I am 100% T&P one of my conditions is right shoulder loss of ROM. I've been dealing with this since I was 19 YOA in the Marines. And have been treated by my VA since My EAS. Now I'm civilian working in law enforcement. While on the job I hurt my shoulder again. Which caused a flare up. I seemed care through my VA and reported it to my employer. My employer wanted a fit for duty form filled out by my P/C. 

So today as I checked in and met with the nurse to take my readings and speak about my reason for being their. She told me I should have reported it to workmans comp. She also told me that it's not fair I get treated from the VA as I'm taking money from veterans who need care. I felt very offended about this. I was trying to do the right thing by going to the VA and keeping on top of my condition. I didn't look at as taking money from other vets, I would never do that! It was already suspected I had a labrum tear even before I was LEO and I am waiting for an MRI which is next week. 

My question is, am I wrong to go to the VA? I was under the impression any condition which was originally cause by military service and has worsened over time due to every day activities or work is still a service connected issue? I just need to know the legality in this, I thought I did the right thing but now I'm not so sure.

People have blindspots some exploit.

We do the same thing, expecting different results:

1. Shenseki would take care of the VA problems- That he was an 'honorable' man. As we all know, that was totally false.

2. McDonald, with a huge Madison Ave campaign- Nothing changed.

3. Now, the promotion of non-Veterans is so prolific, they couldn't even find a veteran for VA Sec. The message is still the same- now with a push to brutalize the line worker- And take all the focus off what anyone knows is the problem- The good 'ol non Veteran girls (and some boys) club in charge.

Each of us knows better- How things function in the service was entirely based on unit leadership- not a figurehead general/admiral somewhere in Washington.

But yet, we buy it again, hook- line- and sinker.

• HadIt.com Elder

I broke both my large toes in a pool. It was part of an exercise, but the VA says it was for recreation.

The VA is very large, and has people behind the scenes that have been here 40 plus years. Every VA Medical center is it's own reality. SESs want to blame the workers. There are a lot of poorly trained people in management.

• HadIt.com Elder

What I hate about the VA  they don't believe us veterans, unless we have a direct service connection  that we have records on...what about all the injury's we had that were not reported or recorded....for many of us just sucked it up and went on  when we got hurt...even if a Dr says its likely as not that your injury occurred in the military  we still get denied.

Example I fell off the front bumper of a deuce & half  taking the radiator cap off and the hot scalding water exploded out jump out of the way to keep from getting burned on my face  and my boots got caught up on the Bumper hooks  and I fell and hit on both knees on concrete, I never reported that ,my knees have been giving me problems ever since I got out  and VA gives me pan meds and treated it   Diagnosis R Arthritis. I ask a VA Doc if me falling off the truck bumper could caused my Arthritis , he said yes its a possiblity

So I

FILE A CLAIM FOR IT ON THE RECOMMENDATION OF VA MD, Denied...no in service records...no buddy letters..so they kept denying the claim twice..I got tired of it and closed out the claim.

My point when we let the VA know we were injured in the military  they should at least believe us it happen.

I just never reported it, few times when mortars would hit near our hooch  and we  ran to the Bunker and would fall trip and get bang up  we never reported it... looking back now I wish I had reported a lot of things.

I believe this is why I have Arthritis in both my knees.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Sure, I mean if you go to the sick call you are badgered. I did not care. I went and had everything recorded. I had 44 things I could have claimed, but only claimed 4. I wanted to only fight for the items I felt particularly grieved by.  

On 4/10/2017 at 3:58 PM, Buck52 said:

I just never reported it, few times when mortars would hit near our hooch  and we  ran to the Bunker and would fall trip and get bang up  we never reported it... looking back now I wish I had reported a lot of things.

I believe this is why I have Arthritis in both my knees.

Do you have a Combat Action Ribbon (et al)?