VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

spiculated lung nodual

Rate this question

jim554

Question

In Vietnam "68" have many  lung nodules found one that is 6mm spiculated nodule last month. Getting another CS in June. Doctor says if its growing he wants to do cyberknife.  Can't prove it's cancer if it's cyberknifed? If it's growing is enough to prove lung cancer?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The VA will service connect lung cancers of a respiratory nature.

Not all lung cancers fall into that definition.

And you do not have a definitive diagnosis yet.

I suggest you try a search at the BVA web site:

https://www.bva.va.gov/

Put spiculated lung nodule into the first search area and then Agent Orange into the second one.

If you do get a diagnosis of lung cancer, I feel you might need a strong medical opinion that this is a respiratory cancer due to your AO exposure.

Nodules can often be benign, yet would still involve adequate testing to rule out cancer.

There are many causes of this condition as well, even possible asbestos exposure.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/solitary-pulmonary-nodule#2

Berta thank you for your respnose looks like your a big help to everyone. Asked the question cause I was thinking of putting in paper work to see where it goes. I'll go to BVA and see where that leads. 

Thanks

Jim, I am sure you are familiar with the most recent AO presumptive list here:

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/

But many Vietnam vets, in my opinion (and we had one here recently) are unaware of all of the disabilities that they can claim to AO either as an incountry Vietnam veteran

or with proven exposure under the Korean DMZ regulations, or under the Thailand directive, not to mention 2 CONUS AOawards as far ,and also Okinawa, and Guam ....I am forgetting..some elsewhere too I think  but they are here under a search.

It pays to go over that list if you haven't seen it in years, because of the 3 additions in 2010, Ischemic heart disease, Hairy Cell B cancer, and Parkinsons....and claim anything else that you feel is attributable to your military service.

The BVA web site is a vast wealth of info and I used it to succeed in many of my claims.

BVA decisions per se , are 99% of the time, not valuable as evidence, because they are so specific to the veteran the decision is for...but when the BVA makes a legal statement, it can be Dynamite when you use it regarding a personal claim.

About 2-3 moths ago I searched the BVA for someone here and Bingo-the BVA referred to the exact

documentation (some sort of report done by the Military ) that the BVA veteran had used, that the member here  needed to obtain and use for his claim.

New AO presumptives make the news on the internet and the Vet communities and probably in most of the media too...but still that news does not reach every single Vietnam vet (or their survivor) who might definitely need to know it.

AO has been the most important Vietnam Vet issue of my life, long before I even had a dog in the fight.The AO list of presumptives could grow again as it did in 2010 ,but the enemy of all veterans is not the VA, it is time and  Vietnam vets are aging by the day.

It will be interesting to see what the Danang Harbor AO Bills could produce.

It seems absurd to think that a veteran who was on board ship in Danang Harbor during the Vietnam War with no ' boots on ground', was not exposed to AO, either from the incountry runoffs, or from men who left the ship and returned to the ship ,after being in Danang itself, or the so called filtrated shipwater systems,and personally ( this was part of a thesis I did for school) I believe the sea birds contaminated ship board sailors in the harbor with their excrement because seabirds can retain dioxin levels for a long long time.And God knows what was in any Harbor fish they caught and ate.

The harbor is west of Vietnam land mass so there is the wind and  plume affect too.

The Hatfield Study, done around 2005 ( into searchable here at that) found dioxin levels at Danang Air Base to have been 400 Times higher than they had been during the war.Dioxin is a Persistent organic pollutant and can have a very long shelf life. Many Vietnam vets sure know that fact because their AO disabilities showed up long after they came back to the 'world'.

Edited by Berta