VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Owcp and Va Benefits

Rate this question

OCDMarine

Question

I am currently on OWCP workers comp for a left shoulder injury.  Owcp recently sent me paperwork asking if I get VA benefits for the same injury.  I do NOT get va benefits for left shoulder.  Although I am 100% service connected for Anxiety and depression.  Do I have to report this?  Or would I only report if my VA benefits were for my Left Shoulder?  Thanks again

53 minutes ago, OCDMarine said:

I am currently on OWCP workers comp for a left shoulder injury.  Owcp recently sent me paperwork asking if I get VA benefits for the same injury.  I do NOT get va benefits for left shoulder.  Although I am 100% service connected for Anxiety and depression.  Do I have to report this?  Or would I only report if my VA benefits were for my Left Shoulder?  Thanks again

I'm a newbie here but I am wondering: are they asking about medical benefits or financial compensation benefits?

Do you get health care from the VA for your shoulder?

It looks like you do not get financial compensation for the shoulder.

Someone with more experience will chime in soon but I would probably write something like "I do not receive financial compensation from the Veterans Administration for my shoulder injury however I do receive healthcare from the VA for my shoulder." Not sure if the end part of that sentence is true or not - you could leave it in if you get treated for the shoulder at the VA.

I'm more of a minimalist and personally, I would keep it short and simple. Why give them anymore data than they're specifically asking for? You just never know when extra data will open a can of worms.

I might be wrong so wait until someone else chimes in.

Edited by AgentOrangeWife

I know this is an old post, and that the OP has long had his answer, but when OWCP requests compensation information from an injured worker, they want all the compensation information. So the OP should let OWCP know that he is 100% service connected for Anxiety and Depression and provide the monthly amount of $$ he receives. OWCP will cover the medical costs for surgery, rehabilitation, etc... of the shoulder and may offset any compensation from OWCP the OP is entitled to by the service connected benefit, as you can't double dip from federal compensation programs. Providing accurate information in the beginning can prevent a debt to OWCP being incurred.