VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% service connection with special monthly compensation based on ais and attendance.

Rate this topic

Can some one explain to me what amount will be paid to me. On 05 April 2017 I was granted service connection at 100 % for Shizophrenia w/bipolar disorder and polysubstance abuse effective 27 Jan 2009. Additinally they grantedspecial monthly compensation based on aid and attendance from 2 July 2012. and entitlement tp Ch. 35 Dependants Education Assistance effective 27 Jan 2009. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Approximately $7.5K per month is the amount now but that includes cola's.  You'll be getting the check very soon, based on our experience, I'm so sorry but remember you paid dearly for it...spend it wisely - God bless!

R1, husband has ALS, after thinking pay is approximately $7.4K, I as caregiver get no payment - thought I saw some where  that I could.  As I understand it, only those who enlisted after 9/11 qualify for that - seems unfair to me though...we older caregivers need it more than younger caregivers (LOL)!

Edited by Colawoman
Changed one word.

38 minutes ago, Colawoman said:

R1, husband has ALS, after thinking pay is approximately $7.4K, I as caregiver get no payment - thought I saw some where  that I could.  As I understand it, only those who enlisted after 9/11 qualify for that - seems unfair to me though...we older caregivers need it more than younger caregivers (LOL)!

yes those upper tiers are that much but def lower aid and attendance is not even close to that amount.   I am not going to even start about that post 9/11 caregiver bs,  my husband does it for free.  I will never understand the VA.

• 2 weeks later...