VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Lower Back and IU

Rate this question

dolfanbls

Question

I am having a C&P Monday Apr 10th for increase in lower back and IU. This is in connection to a BVA appeal for further info. What should I expect? Will this be any different than the original exam? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before Monday.

I also receive SSDI for all my service connected issues.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

How did your exam go? I am SC'd for my back as well. I just put in an increase and unless you have favorable or unfavorable ankylosis of the spine its rough to get above 40% assuming you were rated for a lumbosacral strain. I have 20% now and I am trying to increase to 40%. It shouldnt be to hard since its all based on ROM. 

As far as the IU, I assume its not based solely off of your back. It looks like you have 70% right now...?

My exam went well. The NP did a good job and followed the forms for degenerative disk disease with lumbar strain. She also included the exam of my sciatica bilaterally. I posted my exam notes under the topic C&P Notes. I am trying to get to 40% on my back to meet the requirements for IU.

To qualify for TDIU you need to have a doctor state that your (service connected condition(s), render you unable to maintain substantial gainful employment.  

You have to more than just unemployed.