VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Descion In 30 Days

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I got the iris report today they have made a descion on my appeal at the ro said 30 days for letter. called the dav and was told that the my appeal has descion made on the 20th dav said not in the computer if it was good or bad. All it said they were finished with my appeal. Also called the 1-800 number same answer. The IU claim is not done yet said the appeal first since I am only 50%. dav rep said I should get 70% but I dont believe it until I see It in writing. So I waite

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I got the iris report today they have made a descion on my appeal at the ro said 30 days for letter. called the dav and was told that the my appeal has descion made on the 20th dav said not in the computer if it was good or bad. All it said they were finished with my appeal. Also called the 1-800 number same answer. The IU claim is not done yet said the appeal first since I am only 50%. dav rep said I should get 70% but I dont believe it until I see It in writing. So I waite

Our situation is similar as you know and I wish you very good luck. I filed my appeal in September along with IU as you did. When did you file yours and did the DAV guy say anything about you getting IU with a possible 70% rating? I also filed other claims and they won`t look at my darn appeal until they are decided.

Cavman

calnight:

Did you have your IRIS answered by email or letter. I have sent 3 or 4 IRIS questions and have never got an answer by email.

Cavman

caveman

Iris through email they always answer me usally within 3 hours. they said appeal is done but dont know the outcome yet va said I should get it in 30 days. since you are at 50% they will do your appeal first before iu we must get atleast 70% to get the iu that is why they will deciede your appeal first. dav guy said I should get 70% and then my iu. but untill i see it in writting i dont take it to serious.

Our situation is similar as you know and I wish you very good luck. I filed my appeal in September along with IU as you did. When did you file yours and did the DAV guy say anything about you getting IU with a possible 70% rating? I also filed other claims and they won`t look at my darn appeal until they are decided.

Cavman

caveman

I filled my iu in july. In my opion you should have waited to file your other claims after you appeal was done you have very strong evidence like me. I believe since they are going to do your other claims before your appeal it is going to drag it out longer. and they are going to send you to another c&p exam like me. I know you had one not to long ago but I was told when you file for increase or appeal for ptsd they want another c&p. they are looking at ptsd closley. And if you get 70% for ptsd and the evidence you got you will get iu. I know some will say to file a claim for everthing but when you have a appeal going it can slow the process even more. but I dont believe what IRIS says either its the same as calling the 1-800 number. waiting is the hardest when you know your going to get what you deserve. good luck I appealed my 50% 2 years ago and was turned down 2 times for increase now I have very strong evidence and am very confendent I will get 70% and iu.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I filed a CUE claim and then filed some claims for secondary conditions for my Agent Orange DMII. They are holding everything up while they decide if they are going to send me for C&P exams for the DMII conditions. This seems dumb because the CUE has nothing to do with the DMII and requires nothing except a review of what is in the record. I think if you have a major cliam in like for IU just ride with it until you get that in the bag and then you can start on all the other things. Really the next goal might be for P&T because that means more benefits and takes the pressure off from being dragged in for another exam in two years. If you are granted IU and denied Chapter 35 appeal that and ask for the P&T benefits. This is how I did it and I got P&T in about a year after my IU. This has saved me thousands on my property tax.