VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was told I should not have been given a copy of my ruling?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

OK folks, wasn't sure if this is the right Forum for this question/incident, but it is an Entitlement(I think).

Back in January of this year I was awarded, on the spot, P&T IU, as well as an CUE via a RO formal hearing.

After months of waiting, waiting...on some kind of paperwork, not to mention a bank deposit, I decided I would go check with the county VA office.

The county VA office printed me out a 'preliminary' copy of the award, I gave them a smile, a "thank you" and proceeded to the local car dealer, bought a new car, used the award to exempt myself from property taxes on that car, and drove home a happy camper.

The next day the county tax assessors office called me and said they couldn't exempt me from the property taxes on the car because the award I gave them wasn't "official", and that I had 90 days to either come up with an official letter stating I was 100% disabled, or I would have to pay the property taxes on the car, which for a BMW 745 is just under 3k!

What the $%^&?!

Anyway, so this morning I go back to the county office and ask them what's the deal with the so-called "award" letter not being "official"? The Super told me that the clerk should not have given me a copy of the award in the first place, and after asking why not, the Super told me that "The award we printed up for you is not a final decision award, because of the large amount of money involved in your case, the award takes 3 signatures before it's actually approved...and my award hasn't reached that level..."

What?!

Has this happened to anyone else? Should local/county VA offices deny you a copy of your award, no matter what "phase" it's in?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH! 

@Buck, by the way, the VA didn't know who Peggy was, I got the VA in Salt Lake City, Utah when I called.

So it's probably where you live that decides on what VA you are put in contact with.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

They all know who peggy is  unless their a newbie...Just an excuse.

As for as when we call the #  it is a national number and it goes out to all the  that have information  ..if it rings more than  5/7 times then the # automatically is directed to another R.O. information assignment  so to speak...one that is not as busy  until the phone call  is answered.

Just like claims, if your R.O. is booked log up for a long time  they ship your claim off to another  R.O. that is not so busy.

I live in Tx  and Waco is my R.O.  ...On my last claim in 2014  the sent my claim to the Salt Lake City Utah  for processing and adjudication....then back to the claims intake center in Janesville Wi  for it was them that sent me my packet.  but Waco has all that now and documented for record.

Actually my claim is in Washington, DC because that's the protocol when your retro is more than 25K.

DC is where that final third signature is required before your wad is approved, and hits your bank.

All the paperwork, the "white envelope" follows shortly there after.

My RO is well known for workers to be sitting around scratching their $%^&, while watching the paint dry on the new multi million dollar office building.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That...:huh: