VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved at 70%

Rate this topic

Doc_Sinned

Not sure if this should go here since I haven't received my retro yet or BBE. I will post my time line though, with an added question at the end.

Timeline of Appeal

Date of Progress

10/26/2012 Initial Claim Filed (Muskogee, OK RO)

10/18/2013 Local VA Office Decision

03/18/2014 Notice of Disagreement (NOD)

04/15/2014 Appeal Pending

09/19/2014 Statement of the Case (SOC)

10/31/2014 Substantive Appeal (Form 9)

01/27/2015 Certification of Appeal

02/19/2015 Received by BVA

02/19/2015 Administrative Case Processing

03/20/2015 With Veterans Law Judge

03/21/2015 Awaiting Place on Docket

10/10/2016 Filed for Financial Hardship

12/23/2016 Contacted Local Congressman

01/27/2017 With Veterans Law Judge

01/29/2017 With Veterans Law Judge

02/06/2017 With Veterans Law Judge

02/21/2017 With Veterans Law Judge

02/22/2017 With Veterans Law Judge 

02/23/2017 Pending Case Dispatch

02/27/2017 Pending Case Dispatch

02/27/2017 Remanded Appeal

02/28/2017 RO Received Appeal

03/01/2017 VLJ Letter Sent (BBE)

03/04/2017 Received VLJ Decision in Mail

03/13/2017 Remanded Appeal

03/27/2017 Remanded Appeal

03/29/2017 Received Call from RO*

03/30/2017 RO Called - Need C&P for OSA

04/03/2017 RO Called - C&P for OSA Cancelled

04/05/2017 Dependent Showing on eBenefits 

04/10/2017 Approvals with Finance Department

I was told on the phone by my RO that I was approved for 70%. Ive been at 10% since October 2012. Retro from October 2012 at 30% then from November 2013 at 70%. 

Currently waiting on my retro payment, so here is my question. My approved contentions have all the required signatures needed and my attorney's fee has already been worked out, what else is there left to do from here? It's currently with the finance department at my RO. I'm not a retiree. Is there an average time frame or date that retro is payed? Really need the money since my car is about to be processed for repo. I was told I'll be getting $45k and my attorney will get $12k, totalling at $57k in retro.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, my crystal ball was broken on the last one.  Suggestion:  Park your car at your son's or elsewhere a   mile or so away for a few days.  (A garage is good!  Cover up the windows with newspapers, so no one can see in.).  

I "hid" from the repo man for at least a month.  If you are working, then they will likely find your car at work and it will be gone.  As I said, park the car a mile away, and take the bus.  

I parked my car at the VAMC for about a month.  It snowed real bad.  They wondered why I did not brush the snow off.  

Security was called, and they finally got my car.  

But I hid it for about 6 weeks or more.  

Better idea:  Call your lender, explaining your check has been approved to call off the repo man.  Dont expect them to buy that more than a few days or a week.  If you have been faithful about making payments, then get in a rough spot this works well.  But, if you are always late on your payments, calling them wont likely work.  

If your car does get taken you can get another one.  GM did not hold it against me all that long.  If it gets taken, buy the best car you can afford for cash.  

By the way, they did get my car AND house, while I was waiting for VA benefits in 2004 and 2005.  

VA's homeless initiative is to make as many Vets as possible homeless  by taking as long as possible to process their benefits.  

The good news is I have a better home and car now than I had before.  

Edited by broncovet

Thanks for the tips ^_^ I use navy federal for my auto loan and told them a few weeks ago that I should have my pay soon. They annotated it in my account and it was good for a bit. Now they left a message saying how things are to proceed. 

I think the biggest relief I'll take from getting the retro is that I'll be able to answer my phone again without anxiety, wondering if it's a debt collector or not. Anyways, thanks again for the advice. Hopefully the retro will come before the deadline before repo starts, but never know with the VA.

RO called today. Said I should have my money in two to three business days. EBenefits updated showing 70%. Gotta call navy fed tomorrow to see if they'll hold off by a day or two for repo. 

If the VA has your direct deposit info, try calling your bank to see if it is there in a few days.

The 70% is GREAT News!

I am also at 70% and I also collect ssdi.

I am very happy you had good luck finally.

Soooo, about 3 years???...

Sad to say that thats kinda fast lol.

Im a year into waiting on my appeal. I hope mine can be completed in three years as well

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use